Author Topic: Idle Thoughts--PT Room! Better than TV (unless you have TV) (6/10-6/11)  (Read 2163 times)

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Fashion notes first . . .

Not quite sure what to make of the outfit they've got HAA in. He looks vaguely like a banker from the 1920s. Maybe it's the hat.

PT Carolyn's brown pantsuit. Rather attractive. Also, I like how they gave Barrett a much more sophisticated wardrobe for her character.

Not loving the pea-soup green jacket on Roger. It's an improvement over the  :P plaid suit, but not much of one.

Luck be a lady tonight, luck be a lady tonight . . . oops, sorry. PT Bruno looks like he stepped off the stage of a roadshow production of Guys and Dolls. At least until he turns around and we see his groovy chains.

PT Liz continues to freak me out. I actually own an outfit a lot like that. (My twin set is red though). Great librarian duds  8)

That is possibly the ugliest suit they have ever forced Grayson Hall to wear. Where did they find these things?

Onto the show . . .

Wow. Sky's still around. I keep forgetting about him. That probably means something. Oh, I know. How I so don't care :(

Wondering who's got more makeup on: Bruno or Sabrina. Hmm, doesn't look like Sabrina's gonna win that one. I vaguely get the reasons for the eye makeup, but I swear to God it looked like Stroka had on lipstick.

I like the competition on who gets to kill Jeb. Although, at this point, as long as it happens, I don't particularly care who wins.

And Sky is still here.

Heh. Liked the zinger Nicholas got off about Jeb sitting in the dark. What a loser.

Chris hasn't gotten any more intelligent since he came to Collinsport.

I wonder if Jeb realizes just how many people are out to get rid of him besides Angelique.

"Don't thank me yet, baby." Excuse me??? "Baby" In the first place, why is Sky even still here? And in the second, "Baby???" Doesn't really fit with the whole former international business tycoon image. And while we're discussing the whole Sky thing, someone want to explain just what it was that Angelique ever even saw in the guy. Is he her equivalent of a SYT for Barnabas?

"I identify with Carolyn." Sure you do, toots.

Tough guy Bruno. Yeah. Well. I'll try and stretch my willing suspension of disbelief a bit further, but we're near the snapping point here.

You know, if Collinwood was my house, I'd be less than enthused that my distant cousin was constantly prowling all over the place at all hours.

The grand scheme to destroy Jeb's "will to live" is well . . . lame. Not to mention convoluted. They can apparently drown the guy. Why not overpower him (shouldn't be too hard) and push his head into a sink or something?

In PT Land!, I'm a bit confused as to this desperate need for Will to get his hands on a copy of the book. Wouldn't his publisher have a copy? Failing that, I'm sure some library somewhere acquired the damned thing. And there are secondhand bookstores. Lots of options.

Okay, the suspension of disbelief over Bruno the Tough Guy has snapped. He's not that big a guy. Chris and Sabrina outnumber him. He had his back to Sabrina numerous times. She couldn't do what Roger (Go, Roger!) did and bean the creep over the head???

Liz, Roger, it's not such a mystery. Pride is the chief obstacle to Carolyn extricating herself from what I think she knows deep down was a big mistake. She knows she screwed up here. It's obviously an issue of saving face. That and she probably has clued into the fact that there is a lot more going on here with him that she knows about.
[spoiler]When he dies, (soon, please God), her grief comes from that martyr syndrome. Lot easier to pretend it was a good thing that's been lost when the thing in question isn't around as a reminder[/spoiler]

I suppose this is cruel of me, but I was relieved to see that the incredible shrinking werewolf not only dispatched Bruno to his great reward, but also, that he managed to destroy that hideous tie.

The expression on Roger's face after seeing PT Roger is priceless. Talk about the road not bloody taken. Or is it, really? Unlike the Leviathan possessed crew, you're going to have a hard time persuading me that the PT people are the way they are because of life choices.

PT Angelique's claim to perfection is hindered by those hideous orange drapes and the fact that she actually liked (and apparently voluntarily chose to take Bruno to her bed).

I realize that Barnabas is correct in that he doesn't exist in PT Land!, but his logic is faulty. Presumably, even in PT Land!, there's a whole other world outside the room. I get that Angelique's boudoir was the gathering place for a large number of men, but not everyone in the world trooped through there, so how would he even know?

What is with Chris and the opposition to a marriage? They did have birth control back then. The guy has a problem a couple of days a month. Deal with it. If he didn't want to marry Sabrina (and who could blame him?) then go ahead and say it.
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
In PT Land!, I'm a bit confused as to this desperate need for Will to get his hands on a copy of the book. Wouldn't his publisher have a copy? Failing that, I'm sure some library somewhere acquired the damned thing. And there are secondhand bookstores. Lots of options.

THANK YOU.....for noticing that.  What writer keeps only one copy of his own book on hand?  Especially a writer who's been successful enough to have movies made out of his work?  If that's the case, how valuable would a copy of his book be?  He's not dead yet....even if it's autographed, there must be thousands of other copies out there! What could it possibly be worth that Will and Carolyn should toss Angelique's room like they were after the Maltese Falcon?  ???

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Great, hilarious comments as always, my dear.

Forget Sabrina--I found it beyond belief that *Chris* didn't just do a flying tackle on Bruno.  Maybe he'd have gotten a bit slashed up from that knife, but Briscoe's build and body weight are such a huge advantage over Stroka's spindly physique that it was really hard to believe that Chris didn't just deal with him then and there.

Chris didn't want to marry Sabrina because he was secretly carrying a torch for Quentin. Don't you know the Collins family motto, "Incest is best"?  It cames right below "Hypocrisy before all" as Miss Carolyn Collins Stoddard so brilliantly expostulated a few weeks back.

btw I love the titles of William Hollingshead Loomis' novels.  Somebody had fun with those.  Sam, maybe?

Steve