Author Topic: Liz's worst dress?  (Read 1979 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Liz's worst dress?
« on: June 10, 2003, 09:55:48 PM »
I see it in the montage and I remember it from my childhood when catching the HODS on the late late show .. the horrid YELLOWdress...maybe it's the colar that turns me off so much?? ::)
Julia99

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re:Liz's worst dress?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2003, 10:22:38 PM »
I actually love that dress because it is so HORRIFYING!

what is a hoot is that it was at least 3 years old at this point. She wore it in the infamous 1967 seance episode.

It's kind of like seeing Grayson's most horrible outfits from 1968 resurface in the Summer 1970 sequence.

Steve

Offline LoveAtFirstBITE

• Full Poster
  • A repressed hysteric
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2003, 10:39:59 PM »
I'm sure I'm probably alone in saying this ::)   but I thought Liz's outfit with her earrings was a welcome change from her usual dark somber attire.  I thought it offset her dark hair well.  She looks nice in pink too.

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2003, 12:27:02 AM »
I have a definite fondness for this dress.  With the padded collar, it reminds me of a futuristic space dress.  Whenever I watch HODS, I imagine La Liz wearing a space helmet with it--one of those all-glass, fishbowl helmets from 1950s sci-fi movies.

And while I'm on the subject, wouldn't a flashforward to a futuristic Collinsport have been fun?

Regards,

John

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2003, 12:52:34 AM »
I'm sure I'm probably alone in saying this ::)   but I thought Liz's outfit with her earrings was a welcome change from her usual dark somber attire.  I thought it offset her dark hair well.  She looks nice in pink too.

Weren't those the same earrings Willie Loomis gave to Maggie Evans?  ???
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2003, 01:21:27 AM »
Well, you can read about my thoughts on the yellow in my column. The color was flattering on Bennett, I'll say that much.

Worst dress: the electric kool aid acid test dress
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2003, 01:53:32 AM »
LAFB...kinda agree; if nothing else, something less dark .

Don't think a light colored blouse/dark skirt was in vogue yet; but, at least she had those earrings (if nothing else, you stopped staring at the dress & were hypnotised by the earrings!!)

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2003, 01:59:05 AM »

And while I'm on the subject, wouldn't a flashforward to a futuristic Collinsport have been fun?

Regards,

John

See, now THIS is the kind of fast-forward thinking that earned ClaudeNorth his 127 cures!!!

WAAAYYYY COOL IDEA ;)

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2003, 02:11:58 AM »

Those earings (more so than the dress) caught my eye too, Rainey. But I remembered them as the same earings Naomi wore in the late 1700s. And for some reason, I am remembering that she gave them away to someone (maybe Viki for her wedding?) saying they belonged to her ancestor.

Hoping someone will confirm either of our suspicions,
dom

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2003, 03:53:02 PM »

Those earings (more so than the dress) caught my eye too, Rainey. But I remembered them as the same earings Naomi wore in the late 1700s. And for some reason, I am remembering that she gave them away to someone (maybe Viki for her wedding?) saying they belonged to her ancestor.

Hoping someone will confirm either of our suspicions,
dom

dom love your saying told my husband the other day I'll give up food(but not chocolate) for CENTRAL AIR!

jennifer
i know it is finally going to get hot Here(in Old NE)[sun]
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2003, 06:06:35 AM »
Not being a child of the 60's myself, my opinion might be slightly different than the majority of the board.  I think the dress she wore when [spoiler]she got the call that Burke died and Vicky fainted in her arms.[/spoiler] was her worst dress.  Greens and pinks and yellows and oranges.....ew.

BTW-not sure if spoiler tags are necessary here, but didn't want to spoil the story for anyone who hadn't seen that storyline yet.
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline LoveAtFirstBITE

• Full Poster
  • A repressed hysteric
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2003, 09:08:07 PM »
Not being a child of the 60's myself, my opinion might be slightly different than the majority of the board.  I think the dress she wore when [spoiler]she got the call that Burke died and Vicky fainted in her arms.[/spoiler]

I don't think I could see that happening.  I've never seen enough energy or expression from her.  (Vicki)  But then again, I've only seen her during Adam/Eve.   ::)