Author Topic: OT: Could All My Children and One Life to Live Return Next Year?  (Read 17733 times)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: OT: Could All My Children and One Life to Live Return Next Year?
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2013, 02:53:36 PM »
Prospect Park has signed Robin Strasser to reprise her signature part of Dorian Lord. Robin is one of the best actresses in daytime, so this will make this new version of OLTL that much more entertaining. Still no word on Erika Slezak but since she doesn't live far from the Stamford studio, she might very well sign on as well.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2013, 06:42:58 PM »
It's not "official" yet but it seems that both Robert S. Woods and Erika Slezak will reprise their parts as Bo and Viki for the One Life to Live revival. But do not expect a return of Rex and Gigi, at least by the original actors. Farah Fath was emphatic when she said that she and John-Paul Lavoisier would not be appearing on the revival.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2013, 04:15:37 PM »
Are we sure about Robin Strasser? I had heard some things before the end of OLTL (on ABC). It's speculative and gossippy, so I'm not going to mention it.
And, isn't Erika 'retired'?
Don't get me wrong....I WANNNNNNTTTTT THEM BOTH!!!!

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2013, 05:41:45 PM »
Pretty sure, Patti. Robin posted it on her twitter page and it's since been reported on several websites. And I know what you're referring to. By her own admission, Robin is a diva and can be very high maintenance at times. But she delivers a damn good performance when it counts. And she is never less than gracious with fans.

A year of retirement may have enough for Erika. She loves playing Viki and the shorter commute may also have been a factor.

They are apparently looking to recast Matthew and Destiny. Eddie Alderson, the actor who grew up in the part, has relocated to California and may not wish to return to the east coast. Shenell Edmonds is still in the NYC area but she's currently in school fulltime.
Fade Away and Radiate

David

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2013, 06:48:52 PM »
Strasser was fabulous when she played Hecuba, a 300 year old witch, on Passions, a show that REALLY needs to be rerun.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2013, 06:59:43 PM »
 [pointing-up]  She and Juliet Mills were a hoot and a half together on Passions[snow_cheesy]

What will actually be interesting will be to see if any popular actors from other canceled soaps eventually show up on the new versions of AMC and OLTL. Though I suppose that if deals can't be worked out with the established actors, perhaps they might even show up as recasts.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 11:44:13 PM »
Not much I can add to that at this point but it appears that the stuff behind the scenes could end up being juicier than anything a scriptwriter could come up with.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2013, 04:32:25 PM »
It's great that Agnes Nixon is on board as a consultant, but with OLTL I wish that Sam Hall would also be contacted regarding story ideas as he wrote for the show for roughly 15 years during its most highly rated era (circa mid '70s to mid 80s).  He may be in his 90s, but his mind is still sharp and he knows the more established characters quite well.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2013, 08:01:16 PM »
I just Googled OLTL & Prospect Park; I know more from this board than the internet.

Has anyone heard anything new? I had missed the 3rd post about OL & AMC being 1/2 hour, which I think is better for everyone (viewers especially).

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2013, 08:08:00 PM »
I agree about the 30 minutes Patti, I can barely stay focused on a ten minute YouTube clip. I guess it will be great for those who have computer to TV hookups to watch on-line product on their TV monitor.

As far as I know, what's linked to and written here in this thread is the latest.

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2013, 10:29:58 PM »
Daytime Confidential posted a list of the characters who will be involved in the One Life to Live restart. There are some fan favorites, a couple of wild cards and some rather surprising omissions.

As of right now, there are only four actors--Erika Slezak, Robin Strasser, Robert S. Woods and Jerry Ver Dorn--who have been announced to reprise their roles. The three actors--Michael Easton, Roger Howarth and Kristin Alderson--apparently will be involved in some capacity but they may be sent back to General Hospital at some point.

The other characters on board are Matthew, Destiny, Nora, Tea, Blair, David, Natalie, Jack, Rama and Cutter. This is a list of characters, not actors, so there may be some recasting. A new character named Jeffrey King, described as British and black, has also been added to the mix.

But there's no mention of Destiny's family, Viki's other children or the Trevor St. John character who was the last character on screen when the ABC version signed off. The three hunky Ford brothers are noticeably absent but if the very hot Josh Kelly comes back as Cutter, I certainly won't complain.

Sadly, there seems to be no place for two of the show's funniest, most endearing characters--Nigel, the prissy butler and the wacky Roxy Balsom. Too bad. But, as Roxy herself would say, "That's just water under the fridge."

Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2013, 10:54:55 PM »
I would think that the budgets for these online reboots have been slashed greatly from what they were when the shows were on ABC, so they probably can't afford to bring a lot of the characters/actors back. But if these ventures are a success and somehow they begin to make money, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the missing characters/actors are phased back in over time.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2013, 11:44:30 PM »
but if the very hot Josh Kelly comes back as Cutter, I certainly won't complain.

Apparently you got your wish:

Prospect Park confirms stars signed for OLTL relaunch

Plus:

Prospect Park announces actors signed for AMC reboot

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2013, 12:05:16 AM »
After seeing this implode last year, I was reluctant to get my hopes up. I'm really looking forward to the relaunch.
Fade Away and Radiate