Author Topic: ShadowGram Update #277 -- 2013 DS Events  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
ShadowGram Update #277 -- 2013 DS Events
« on: December 15, 2012, 06:15:40 AM »

Update Number 277.
December 13, 2012
Hello, Dark Shadows Fan,
ShadowGram (SG), The Official Newsletter & News Source for Dark Shadows (DS) announces the following breaking news in this Official Online News Update "bulletin."

***** SG UPDATES: DARK SHADOWS EVENTS IN 2013

As previously reported in SG Online Updates, a Dark Shadows Halloween Cruise has been announced for October of 2013.

Cruise details can be found at the DS Cruise Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/475128925858897/?fref=ts
and via the travel agent website at:
http://www.hartfordholidays.com/DarkShadowsHalloweenCruise/Home.html

SG notes that there are no plans for a standard Dark Shadows Festival convention next year.

However, the new independent film "Dr. Mabuse," starring DS actor Jerry Lacy (Reverend Trask) in the title role, with Lara Parker (Angelique) and Kathryn Leigh Scott (Maggie Evans) in supporting roles, will be screened at a movie theater in San Diego the last weekend in April.

SG Online Updates will premiere announce and provide more confirmed details as they become available about the cruise, the movie screening, and other Fest and detailed DS-related news. All the information will be in the published SG Official Published DS Newsletters and through the SG Official Online News Updates via the SG YahooGroup.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: ShadowGram Update #278 -- More on the Dr. Mabuse premiere in San Diego
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 06:49:05 AM »

ShadowGram Update Number 278

December 16, 2012

Hello, Dark Shadows Fan,

ShadowGram (SG), The Official Newsletter & News Source for Dark Shadows (DS) announces the following breaking news in this Official Online News Update "bulletin."

***** SG PREMIERE ANNOUNCEMENT:

The world premiere of the film "Doctor Mabuse," starring DS' JERRY LACY, will be held Saturday, April 27, 2013.

SG is pleased to announce that the premiere will be held at the historic Coronado Village Theatre, located on Coronado Island near downtown San Diego, CA. The psychological thriller was written and directed by DS fan and filmmaker Ansel Faraj.

JERRY (DS' Tony Peterson, Rev. Trask, Rev. Gregory Trask, Parallel Time Mr. Trask, 1840 Lamar Trask) stars in the title role. The movie also features Lara Parker (Angelique) and Kathryn Leigh Scott (Maggie) in supporting parts.

After the screening, there will be a discussion with writer/director Ansel, as well as Jerry, Lara, Kathryn, and other cast members.

Publicity: 'Hollinsworth Productions is excited to present DOCTOR MABUSE - a psychological thriller about the original criminal mastermind! Dr. Mabuse... hypnotist... genius...but who is he really?

"Inspired by the character created by Norbert Jacques, the notorious supervillian returns to the screen in this new original tale about the mysterious 'man behind the curtain.'

"Don't let him into your mind...."

An early trailer promoting the film can be seen online at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPVLSEtjIdM

The official website is http://www.doctormabuse-themovie.com/

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: ShadowGram Update #277 -- 2013 DS Events
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 05:08:11 PM »
I think it's worth noting that the filmmaker is all of 21 years old, which is pretty remarkable, I would say.  Amazing what the youth of today can accomplish!

There are now posters available that each feature a solo representation of Jerry, Lara, and KLS in their respective characterizations in the film.  I think in Lara's, she's actually holding a tarot card.  Pretty cool.

The posters and lots of other goodies are on the website mentioned in the press release included in the Dec. 16 Shadowgram update.

G.

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 05:14:29 PM »
I guess eventually they'll release it on DVD? I found no mention of this on the official website... Then again I could have missed it! It really does look very cool. I'd love to see it for sure!!
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 08:59:33 PM »
The director says that he's hoping for a DVD release, I guess sometime in 2013--not clear just when.  He mentioned wanting to show it at festivals.  I guess we'll see what happens.  (He obviously means film festivals, not necessarily DS Festivals.)

G.

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 12:27:01 AM »
Thanks for the info!! I watched the trailer again! I'm just so glad that some of our DS alum are still around to do such interesting work! Jerry's voice is just so perfect and creepy.... Love it, love it!
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."