Author Topic: OT - Loss  (Read 2242 times)

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re:OT - Loss
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2003, 06:36:47 PM »
I just saw this. I'm so very sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay strong  :-  I know that's easier said than done.
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2003, 07:41:49 PM »
My thoughts are with you, Josette. I am so deeply sorry for your loss.

Wishing you strength,
dom

Offline sheenasma

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Sheena
    • View Profile
    • NancyMck's Dark Shadows Events
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2003, 10:37:43 PM »
My thoughtss and prayers will be with you

Nancy
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau

Screw Thoreau - sheenasma
GHP

Nancy

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2003, 11:25:07 PM »
Josette, your situation with your mother is very similar to what happened with my grandmother. I was very close to her.  She had been in hospice, then rallied and one day apparently just decided she had enough of the hospitals and the nursing home and died. There was no warning - no indication that death was imminent.  She was ready to go. Good for her but lousy for everyone else, such as yourself left with the shock and sadness for now.   Nothing prepares you for this.  I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Nancy

I've made a few references previously about my mother being in a nursing home.  For over 7 months she has been in and out of various hospitals and nursing homes.  A couple of months ago, we thought the end might be imminent.  But, recently she had improved.  A week ago she went back to the hospital for pneumonia, but otherwise seemed much better.  And, after returning to the nursing home, they started physical therapy again.  So, we really thought things were improving.

Therefore, it was a total shock to get a call in the early hours of this morning to say that she was gone.  In fact, they say that she had been talking to one of the aides just 15 minutes before, and then when the nurse went in, discovered that it was over.  So, my aunt and I really can't believe it at this point.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2003, 07:58:26 AM »
I want to thank everyone.  I read all of your replies to my aunt, and we're both very appreciative of your kind thoughts.
Josette

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2003, 09:07:25 PM »
Please allow me to extend my condolences to you and your aunt, Josette.

Love, Robin