Author Topic: Confused by Men...  (Read 4024 times)

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re:Confused by Men...
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2003, 09:16:42 PM »
Jen...I don't remember JULIA talking about the curse; do you by chance remember exactly what she says (or close)?

Thanks,

Patti

i'll try to pull the episode tonight Patti the brain is a little slow
to work these days for me to remember (2 children,work,
40+ may have something to do with it LOL)always wished they had gone more into The Jennings' brothers and Joe more
but that is just me, loved them, :-* hated Jeb! ::) ::)

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2003, 09:52:21 PM »
always found it hard to believe in that small
town someone didn't know Lenore was a Collins and  found out The Jenning's mother was one too!
after all you can only keep a secret if only two people know about it and one of them is dead!
jennifer

small towns and rich people used to be able to keep a lot of secrets before nanny-cams and the national enquirer. . .And who knew that Lenore' was Jenny's baby besides a few family members who would've died rather than let folks know. . .oh its easy to believe, too terribly easy. . .
Julia99

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2003, 01:36:12 AM »

small towns and rich people used to be able to keep a lot of secrets before nanny-cams and the national enquirer. . .And who knew that Lenore' was Jenny's baby besides a few family members who would've died rather than let folks know. . .oh its easy to believe, too terribly easy. . .

I fully agree Julia99 :-
[greed]what's the old expression....money talks..... :-X

Patti

What a Woman!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2003, 02:33:48 PM »
always found it hard to believe in that small
town someone didn't know Lenore was a Collins and  found out The Jenning's mother was one too!
after all you can only keep a secret if only two people know about it and one of them is dead!
jennifer

It is, of course, no coincidence or surprise that Peyton Place is set in New England.  Must be the cold, harsh winters (although Collinsport seems to always luckily avoid them).  Even the main character in Valley of the Dolls - although the story is set in New York - is from New England.  My, my, my-my, my!

Gerard

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2003, 03:47:29 PM »
It is, of course, no coincidence or surprise that Peyton Place is set in New England.  Must be the cold, harsh winters (although Collinsport seems to always luckily avoid them).  Even the main character in Valley of the Dolls - although the story is set in New York - is from New England.  My, my, my-my, my!
hey watch it buddy!
jennifer
and i agree small towns keep secrets but usually the whole town knows and won't tell outsiders so believe Joe would have at least heard if he was a Collins!(so would have The Jennings)
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2003, 06:36:51 PM »

Gerard
hey watch it buddy!
jennifer

Tee-hee!  Actually, I wish Wisconsin would be at least half as interesting as New England (well, as interesting as they make it in books, movies and shows).  Here, the height of scandal is if somebody doesn't like the Packers or bratwurst.

Gerard

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2003, 04:28:33 PM »
Hey Gerard, I hate football, and just the thought of bratwurst makes me hurl, so guess I had better cross Wisconsin off my list of places to visit!

There's a scene early in the Leviathans storyline where Julia sits down with Chris and explains what she learned while she was in 1897 about his lineage.  She basically tells him that the werewolf curse only passes down to the eldest male in each line, and she informs him of his descent from Quentin Collins. This leads to how Quentin was able to escape the curse, which leads to the search for "Harrison Monroe," etc.

Steve

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2003, 07:08:09 PM »
Hey Gerard, I hate football, and just the thought of bratwurst makes me hurl, so guess I had better cross Wisconsin off my list of places to visit!

There's a scene early in the Leviathans storyline where Julia sits down with Chris and explains what she learned while she was in 1897 about his lineage.  She basically tells him that the werewolf curse only passes down to the eldest male in each line, and she informs him of his descent from Quentin Collins. This leads to how Quentin was able to escape the curse, which leads to the search for "Harrison Monroe," etc.

Steve

Believe it or not, I'm no big football fan (on rare occasion I'll go to a game, but when the Superbowl is on, I'm scanning cable channels for some good movies), and I can't STAND bratwurst.  Don't let the word get around, or else I'll be ridden out of state on a cheese log.

Okay, now I wonder, since the curse is passed only to the oldest male in each line, would that mean across the board, or in each autonomous family.  That would explain why Chris got it and not Tom (taking it for granted that Chris popped outta the oven ahead of his brother), but it's still a quandry about Joe.  If it's across the line, meaning everyone in that generation, then Joe would be immune (taking it for granted this time that Chris is older).  If it's in each autonomous family, then Joe would had to have had an older brother (who maybe died before hitting 21, or else has been very good at keeping it a secret).  Would somebody just call Maury to get tickets already so we can figure this out?

Gerard

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2003, 08:12:03 PM »
but it's still a quandry about Joe.  If it's across the line, meaning everyone in that generation, then Joe would be immune (taking it for granted this time that Chris is older).  If it's in each autonomous family, then Joe would had to have had an older brother (who maybe died before hitting 21, or else has been very good at keeping it a secret).  Would somebody just call Maury to get tickets already so we can figure this out?

Gerard

I fail to understand   ??? why Joe is a quandry ..there's been no indication that Joe is descended from Lenore. . . in fact we don't know which of Chris/Tom/Amy's parents is descended from Lenore do we? Ma or Pa?  And whichever one it is--Joe could be related to the OTHER PARENT. . hence he has NO TIE whatsoever to Lenore or Quentin or the Curse . . .[book2]
Julia99

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2003, 01:55:27 AM »
I fail to understand   ??? why Joe is a quandry ..there's been no indication that Joe is descended from Lenore. . . in fact we don't know which of Chris/Tom/Amy's parents is descended from Lenore do we? Ma or Pa?  And whichever one it is--Joe could be related to the OTHER PARENT. . hence he has NO TIE whatsoever to Lenore or Quentin or the Curse . . .[book2]

That's what I'm going with.  The Haskells are related to the Jennings by marriage, not by lineage through the Lenore line.  And if anyone wants to dispute this, why, I'll just cut to the chase and call Jerry Springer!

Gerard (Who's Still Waiting To Get On Dr. Phil - Or Judge Judy, Whichever Comes First)

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2003, 12:56:41 AM »
The Haskells are related to the Jennings by marriage, not by lineage through the Lenore line.  And if anyone wants to dispute this, why, I'll just cut to the chase and call Jerry Springer!

Gerard (Who's Still Waiting To Get On Dr. Phil - Or Judge Judy, Whichever Comes First)
works for me too Gerard and i've yet to see anything human  on the few times i watched Spinger( i admit when i was
sick i did watch it)

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV