Author Topic: Idea for "Return to Collinwood".  (Read 8791 times)

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re:Idea for "Return to Collinwood".
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2003, 03:19:29 AM »
"Oh, no, Barnabas and Josette are the foundation of Dark Shadows, and real DS fans would certainly prefer to see that story."

As opposed to all the fake ones . . .  ;D

Is there a reason that all television execs are always this stupid?
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2003, 03:58:12 AM »
I think a great idea for a story would be for Ruben Stoddard of American Idol fame to show up at Collinwood to claim his inheritance.

Fabulous!!! :o
Julia99

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2003, 04:32:53 PM »
I think you all are on the right track.  Collinwood revisited would be so very good if they did a whole "new generation" of Collins and yet refering to the past.  The options for story lines would be numerous.  They could even go back and final tell the "true" story of Vicki Winters.  The only way I could see the Barnster with a child is one he never knew about.  That always is a good soap ploy to add new charactors.  A child whose's parents say could have been Angie and Barnster-- what a thought.  Oh well.we cam dream can't we.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2003, 08:24:42 PM »
I think you all are on the right track.  Collinwood revisited would be so very good if they did a whole "new generation" of Collins and yet refering to the past.  The options for story lines would be numerous.  They could even go back and final tell the "true" story of Vicki Winters.  The only way I could see the Barnster with a child is one he never knew about.  That always is a good soap ploy to add new charactors.  A child whose's parents say could have been Angie and Barnster-- what a thought.  Oh well.we cam dream can't we.

Birdie

This would be a great idea.  I especially would love to see and hear more on Vicky's parentage, something that I felt anyway, was just kind of left hanging up in the air long ago.  Great ideas everyone!

Deb

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2003, 05:20:00 PM »
NG...perfect...here's my 2 cents:

David (played perhaps by Jason Patric), returns from So. America (hey, the truth is always stranger than fiction) with his wife (played by Megan Follows or Mare Winningham).

David has tried to deny (to himself) what may or may not have happened at Collinwood; he has never confided in anyone for fear of taunting.

When! 'things' start happening (of course, to the WIFE, she will be a 'Collins Wife'!!) she has no knowledge of how commonplace/credible it is; she doesn't confide in David.

TLATKLS will be the Mayor of Collinsport; running the local Chamber of Commerce.

After maybe 5 eps; David will get a call from an old family friend Amy (played by Winona Ryder), who is down on her luck...can I come stay at Collinwood? Of Course!

Amy is hiding more than a few secrets from anyone; what a better place to 'hide' than Maine.....

David, who wanted nothing to do with the business world has earned his medical degree. He is offered a job with the now joint venture of Wyndcliff/Collinsport Mercy Hospital.

Lo and behold...while David's doing rounds...who does he see as the head HVAC mechanic? His old friend Willie!

Just a starter....

Patti

What a Woman!

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2003, 09:38:45 PM »
Great ideas, Patti!  Especially love the idea of TLATLKLS as Mayor of Collinsport.

I still like the idea of a David/Amy lovematch, but on second thought, it may be even more interesting if they encounter each other when David returns to Collinwood and begin a tumultuous relationship right there in the midst of all those family skeletons, ghosts, ghoulies, hexes, blood suckers, satan worshippers, witches, devils and liquid spirits.  A rich stew that .... yes?

Amy has more than a few of her own secrets as you say, but is she a mere mortal like David or one of THEM?  Is she a help or a hindrance?    Will this be a  lesson in love and loyalty ultimately conquering and redeeming all or is that simply too, too cliched?   [coolbrows]
Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2003, 09:49:30 PM »
I still like the idea of a David/Amy lovematch, but on second thought, it may be even more interesting if they encounter each other when David returns to Collinwood and begin a tumultuous relationship right there in the midst of all those family skeletons, ghosts, ghoulies, hexes, blood suckers, satan worshippers, witches, devils and liquid spirits.  A rich stew that .... yes?

Amy has more than a few of her own secrets as you say, but is she a mere mortal like David or one of THEM?  Is she a help or a hindrance?    Will this be a  lesson in love and loyalty ultimately conquering and redeeming all or is that simply too, too cliched?   [coolbrows]

i don't care who David marries as long as it isn't Hallie
 :o :oi could not bear to listen to her again :o :o

jennifer             
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2003, 11:22:05 PM »
I always kinda pictured Maggie after [spoiler]being released from Wyndcliffe in 1971 picking up and moving far away,[/spoiler] eventually settling in California where she marries, lives a very successful life with her husband (who's a renowned news photographer, to catch something from real life), raises a family, and now with the kids off to their own lives, decides with her husband to return to Collinsport where she still owns the cottage (it's rented out during her interim away) as a sortuva retirement nest (they've retired early due to their financial success), she and Carolyn resuming their friendship.  Of course, then all the action with TNG characters begins.

Gerard

Offline Stuart

• Full Poster
  • Can you smell chips?
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Journal Online
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2003, 06:26:55 PM »
Thinking about the idea of a new DS series, I got a minor flash of inspiration and put together a mock title sequence for a new version - kinda tenuous I guess, but I figured people might enjoy it.

It's Realplayer and a little over 1mb:

http://www.collinwood.net/vids/dsopener.rm
http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com | The Dark Shadows News Page
http://www.collinwood.net | Visit the Dark Shadows Journal Online

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2003, 06:54:55 PM »
I figured people might enjoy it.

Might enjoy it?  Stuart, that left me breathless!  Fabulous work, and the addition of the Kylie Minogue song struck a perfect chord.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2003, 07:19:54 PM »
Oh my goddess!.....was that not the coolest thing?

A little 2K editing and some current music and suddenly Dark Shadows looks like it was produced last week!!!

[clap]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2003, 07:41:29 PM »
See? That's all it takes is a fresh new outlook and hip music to bring Dark Shadows into the 21st Century.  It can still have a modern storyline infused with gothic flavor and music to match. Great job, Stuart!!
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2003, 08:42:52 PM »
Very nice, Stuart. Bravo! Thanks for sharing it.

dom

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2003, 09:21:06 PM »
Dark Shadows and Kylie Minogue!  What more is needed!  Perfect!

Gerard

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2003, 11:01:33 PM »
Stuart....whoosh!!!

I don't know the music artist...but it sounded great.

As for what YOU did.....

words.....

FABULOUS
INGENIOUS
TALENTED
CREATIVE
FUN

thank you....how do you all learn to do this awesome stuff?

Patti

What a Woman!