Author Topic: HODS/NODS Q  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
HODS/NODS Q
« on: June 02, 2003, 09:54:51 PM »
Was David Selby in either of the movies?

If so, what character?

Thanks,

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re:HODS/NODS Q
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2003, 10:04:38 PM »
He was the star of NoDS (Night of Dark Shadows) and played a dual role--Quentin Collins, who inherits the house in the present (1971), and Charles Collins, an adulterous painter who lives ca. 1810 and whose affair with the mysterious Angelique is the seed of the whole story.

I do vastly prefer Night of Dark Shadows of the two films.  If Darren is ever successful in his efforts to restore the missing footage, the story will actually make sense, and maybe others will realize what an unusual gem it really is.  As Grayson pointed out long ago in an interview, there was something really special there before the studio forced them to hack it to bits and pieces.

Gothick

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2003, 10:17:57 PM »
As Grayson pointed out long ago in an interview, there was something really special there before the studio forced them to hack it to bits and pieces.

Some of us (an ever increasing group IMA that we've both belonged to for quite some time ;)) believe even the hacked to bits and pieces version of NODS is something really special - and even believe it far superior to HODS (which doesn't have the reputation of being hacked, but actually was - but that's a whole other discussion...).

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2003, 12:55:24 AM »
Some of us (an ever increasing group IMA that we've both belonged to for quite some time ;)) believe even the hacked to bits and pieces version of NODS is something really special - and even believe it far superior to HODS (which doesn't have the reputation of being hacked, but actually was - but that's a whole other discussion...).

I agree about it being superior. NODS didn't have to use the blood and violence that HODS had to make it frightning. The plot of HODS seemed so..blah to me because it had already been seen, with some differences, on TV.

I also think NODS had better acting than HODS. Was I the only one hoping that
[spoiler]vampire Professor Stokes would kill Jeff Clark? Granted, he wasn't as bad in the movie as he was on TV, I still didn't really like Roger Davis in the movie. *Shrug*[/spoiler]

I hope NODS gets restored. It would a be a great treat for fans.

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2003, 05:06:13 AM »
I definatly prefer the IDEA of the NODS storyline to HODS.  I can't wait to see the restored version if they ever do finish it.
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2003, 05:50:32 AM »
I do prefer NODS mainly because it didnt have blood as HODS did. So many people died in HODS. HODS was just a horror movie and i dont see why ppl say NODS was bad. This is the first time ive seen people say good things about NODS. NODS had such a good twist at the end, too.

NODS prbably wont get restored until they find the missing HODS scenes...and I doubt that will ever happen. But, I'm still hoping for a miracle. If the studios wanted a 93 minute movie, they should have had the decency to tell DC. 

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2003, 05:52:38 AM »
Was David Selby in either of the movies?

Ah, David Selby and his magical NODS pajamas. They change gently, overnight, while he sleeps.  [8371]

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2003, 06:50:30 PM »
That's because the chopped up version patched two scenes together that weren't supposed to follow each other.

The scene of Quentin getting into bed occurs 10mins into the film and the scene of his nightmares/flashback is supposed to occur about 40 mins later.

It's a completely different scene.

One of the few DS related goofs that's not DCs fault.  ;D

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2003, 08:22:35 PM »
[Ah, David Selby and his magical NODS pajamas. They change gently, overnight, while he sleeps.  [8371]

oohh...I can't stand it....cool down

fluttery,

Patti :-*
What a Woman!

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: HODS/NODS Q
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 09:57:16 AM »
NAKED SELBY!  YUMMERS! :) I really need to see the movie which shows his arse! ;)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
Re: HODS/NODS Q
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 05:11:07 AM »
NAKED SELBY!  YUMMERS! :) I really need to see the movie which shows his arse! ;)

And the MOVIE's cute, too!  [91a2]

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics