Author Topic: HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL/OT  (Read 984 times)

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL/OT
« on: November 18, 2012, 07:39:04 PM »
Hi everyone i know this is being posted early but just wanted to wish you and your families a very
Blessed   ThanksGiving.    Enjoy  !   There will be  only two of us  my brother and me .
Since  our parents  are  gone:(      Love  Anne   [hall2_kiss]
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL/OT
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 08:22:58 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving Annie! I lost my mom in May so I know how you feel.  Make it a great holiday with your brother! Your parents would want that!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Love Teresa [hall2_smiley]
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 06:57:56 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!  Hope it's a good one, and safe travel if it applies to you.
Josette

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 08:30:08 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving, all!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 08:34:50 AM »
Have a good one, everyone.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 02:27:01 PM »
Hi everyone i know this is being posted early but just wanted to wish you and your families a very
Blessed   ThanksGiving.    Enjoy  !   There will be  only two of us  my brother and me .
Since  our parents  are  gone:(

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Annie! [hall2_grin]

I know what you're saying about how poignant Thanksgiving Day can be, what with the absence of beloved family members and friends at the dinner table.

Hey, I wonder what "epicurean" delights Mrs. Johnson would be preparing for the Collins family and friends at this year's Thanksgiving "feast"?  I recall that the late, unlamented Jason McGuire was a "huge" fan of Mrs. Johnson's dinners. [hall2_lipsrsealed]

And, along with Mrs. Stoddard, Roger, Carolyn, David, Vicky, Quentin, Maggie, the ubiquitous Julia Hoffman, and, of course, Barnabas, just who else might be sitting there down to dinner with the familia de Collins?  [hall2_undecided]

Prof. Stokes would definitely be invited, but would Mrs. Stoddard, in a display of Christian charity, also invite the widowed Mrs. Schuyler Rumson to dinner?  And, might Carolyn invite her old boyfriend, Tony Petersen, over to dinner?  (No doubt, Tony and Roger would would have a "grand" time, watching NFL football together, and sipping fine brandy, but it might be best to keep Tony and Angelique Rumson far apart at the dinner table!)  [hall2_rolleyes]

As for ol' Willie Loomis and Harry Johnson, they'd probably be sitting at the "children's table," out in Mrs. Johnson's kitchen.  (Maybe Harry might even invite his old buddy, Buzz Hackett, to the Collinwood Thanksgiving celebration as well?  Wouldn't that be neat?) [hall2_shocked]

Bob

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 10:23:34 PM »
I love it, Bob. I wonder if Nicholas Blair would weasel his way in there somehow, show up with a platter of his special deviled eggs.

As for my family, we're all gathered around the tv watching Blood Freak, as is our tradition.

Happy Thanksgiving!

"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 08:17:50 PM »
I'm picturing, Bob, Elizabeth taking everything into consideration and finally saying:  "Forget this.  We're all going out to eat at the Thanksgiving all-you-can-eat buffet at the Collinsport Inn coffee shop at $2.95 a person.  Grab your coats, everyone.  Yes, I'll pay."

Anyway, I hope everyone had a wonderful day!  It was in the sixties here in Wisconsin and we even had appetizers and liquid refreshments of the spirited kind out on our friends' back deck.  This morning (Friday), we woke up to 25 degrees and snow flurries with sharp winds.

Gerard