Author Topic: Worst Hair on DS?  (Read 5592 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Re:Worst Hair on DS?
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2003, 04:07:34 PM »
I think I would have to nominate Bruno "I got a set of hot rollers for Christmas" Hess.

Ahh my dear that line truly made me laugh. . .did he get a comb and Aquanet too?? :-*
Julia99

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2003, 08:56:25 PM »
Well, as was pointed out, Crazy Jenny was supposed to be crazy so the hair fit the character and was appropriate.

True, but so was Sabrina......

Deb ;)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2003, 03:26:04 AM »
Forgot to mention that Irene Hamalain did the hair on DS until sometime in 1970, and she did sometimes get a mention in the credits.  There are some funny pictures of her in the various PomPress books.  Darling Marie Wallace charitably described Irene as a rather "fussy" woman.

I'm blocking on the name of the gracious lady who took over after Irene left, but she came to one of Jonathan's readings in Long Island, and reminded him of that "Madison Avenue haircut" she used to give him, netting a big smile from him in response.  I think there is a photo of her on the Dee Kearney's pages in Mr. Juggins' DS FAQ site.

Gothick

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2003, 03:35:46 AM »
I'm blocking on the name of the gracious lady who took over after Irene left

That would be Edith Tilles, who also did the hair on NODS (which I'd completely forgotten about until I noticed her name the other day when I was looking up who'd been the hairdresser on HODS ;)).

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2003, 03:54:29 AM »
Well, as was pointed out, Crazy Jenny was supposed to be crazy so the hair fit the character and was appropriate.

True, but so was Sabrina......

Deb ;)

Sabrina wasn't crazy she just had a nervous breakdown after seeing something her mind couldn't cope with at the time. :o

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2003, 11:28:51 AM »
Julia's hair always looked good in the beginning of the show (even with the combed back page boy look) until they changed hairdresser to Edith Tilles.  Grayson's finely chisled face really needed softening around it to frame it nicely.

I was watching 'Play Misty For Me' and found it amusing that Donna Mill's hairdo reminded me so much of Roxanne's.  I think that style was called the 'paper boy' haircut if memory serves me correctly.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2003, 07:35:37 PM »
Sabrina wasn't crazy she just had a nervous breakdown after seeing something her mind couldn't cope with at the time. :o

jennifer

And this is similar to what happened to Jenny.  [spoiler]IIRC, she wasn't crazy to begin with, she only went mad after learning that her husband, Quentin, ran off with another woman.[/spoiler]

Deb

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2003, 09:23:10 PM »

jennifer

And this is similar to what happened to Jenny.  [spoiler]IIRC, she wasn't crazy to begin with, she only went mad after learning that her husband, Quentin, ran off with another woman.[/spoiler]

Deb

i quess but Sabrina [spoiler]doesn't try to kill people.[/spoiler] i think she just went into a catatonic state and came out of it sane and curable while jenny [spoiler]went into a psychotic state. i doubt having a husband ran off would make one break totally out of
reality maybe post partum depression would.[/spoiler] Jenny's problem seems more deep rooted than this and i doubt she is curable.

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Rydell

• "It's an old, family name."
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2003, 07:36:22 AM »
Has anyone noticed the odd strand on the head of Chris Jennings?  He always has this odd piece of hair that looks like it should go up or down but does niether.  It's just out of place ready to poke him in the eye or something.
Personally, I find his hair the most annoying.

Rydell
"To be is to do." - Socrates
"To do is to be." - Sartre
"Do be do be do." - Sinatra

Offline dvlvan26

• Full Poster
  • DS is the Greatest Show on Earth!
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Hair on DS?
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2005, 05:30:16 PM »
Hi, All
I would like to add to the worst hair list:
Peter Bradford/Jeff Clark
Willie Loomis-earlier episodes
Ben Stokes
Jason McGuire
Sam Evans
Buzz Hackett
Maude Browning
Ruby Tate

LOL
dvlvan26, Class of 2007

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2005, 09:54:54 PM »
Has anyone noticed the odd strand on the head of Chris Jennings?  He always has this odd piece of hair that looks like it should go up or down but does niether.  It's just out of place ready to poke him in the eye or something.
Personally, I find his hair the most annoying.

I beg to differ: with that face, voice and bod, Chris (Briscoe) could be wearing the Sabrina fright wig and still be hot! Hubba, hubba... lend me a comb... I'll take care of that odd strand of hair....

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2006, 07:16:40 PM »
Bruno hands down. And I know Angelique didn't want to give herself away by appearing as she did in the 18the century, but I wasn't crazy with the black wig she wore when she was passing herself off as Cassandra.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2006, 07:29:18 PM »
Sabrina's, Bruno's, Julia's (until she grew it long near the end of the series, then it looked really nice), Carolyn's (when she ironed it later in the series), Maggie's blond wig, Petofi's, Barnabas' (those bangs were ridiculous looking-period!  I always liked it when Jonathan got his hair cut and it was too short for the spikes), Vicki's in the beginning, w/that stupid extension.  Can't think of anymore, but then, isn't this enough, LOL!  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2006, 10:06:27 PM »
Gotta go for Bruno--must have taken a LOT of backcombing and hairspray to reach those lofty heights! [smileyinbox]
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."