Author Topic: Is Sabrina Stuart for real???  (Read 5431 times)

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re:Is Sabrina Stuart for real???
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2006, 03:49:01 AM »
I don't fault Lisa Richards for Sabrina's blahness either - particularly when she went on after DS to prove she can act with other daytime roles, like that of Susan Barry on OLTL.
Susan was prominently featured in an episode [but] was later struck and killed by a car in that same episode. Oh, well...

MB,
I actually remember watching that same episode - around 1975!? Lisa Richards' Susan was an alcoholic nurse, as I recall, and she'd accidentally shot and killed Tommy Lee Jones' character. Upon remembering what she'd done, Susan ran into the street and was mowed down. Lisa must have done a decent acting job on "One Life To Live," 'cause I was bummed that her sad character got bumped off. But she was a long way from werewolves and vampires by then, so I knew she wasn't coming back to OLTL as a ghost or in a parallel time warp.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: Is Sabrina Stuart for real???
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2006, 04:37:41 AM »
i never got the impression that the writers ever intended to evolve sabrina into a fully developed character.

she was used more as a plot device to further a few storylines along and then she had served her purpose.

that said still i couldn't help but feel terrible when[spoiler]sabrina was killed during the parallel time story...she was just such a victim.[/spoiler]

as for the wig it was the late 1960's and wigs and falls were all the rage(goodness knows our girls wore plenty of them)so perhaps it's not that big a deal.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re:Is Sabrina Stuart for real???
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2008, 12:55:04 PM »
Sabrina is OK in my book. She's not too good, but not too bad either. But then again, Sabrina doesn't really seem to have much of a defined role...she just pops in occasionally and then just pops right back out.

I don't see why they used the wig. Lisa Richards' natural hair isn't bad at all. And she refers to herself as looking the way she did originally, but didn't she have longer, MUCH better hair in a flashback from when Sabrina and her brother Ned (ick) first came to town?

I SECOND that ick and THIRD it "Ick"  I couldn't stand NED!  Uh no....

Bless her heart Lisa Richards, I hear that she did good in a lot of other projects but she didn't do it for me on Dark Shadows.  I do agree with one poster who said that she was particularly good in the flashback ep with Chris' transformation!!  She just wasn't strong enough (at this point) to carry a soap while "the old timers" as Curtis affectionately called them, worked on HODS.  I think PT could have been a lot better if there were a few "STRONGER" actors peppered throhout the cast.  I think Lara Parker could hold her own by this time and I also think  David Selby enjoyed playing a different version of Q and I enjoyed his performance. However, by the time everyone came back it was wearing THIN!  HELL bring back Humbert to spice things up!!  He was a pro!!  Sorry I slightly got off topic I suppose!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 03:46:44 AM »
I also think  David Selby enjoyed playing a different version of Q and I enjoyed his performance.

I'm glad someone was able to enjoy watching the 1970 PT Quentin act like such an insufferable boor. I couldn't stand him. Of all the different Quentins on the show, he was my least favorite. The way he treated Maggie at times, screaming at her even, was horrible. [ghost_angry]

Lisa Richards strikes me as being a very nice lady. She can't really be blamed for Sabrina not exactly being a memorable character. She probably did the best she could. The writing for her character is probably more to blame than anything else. The writers never explored Sabrina deep enough, either in regular time or parallel time.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2008, 07:25:51 AM »
Sabrina seemed like she might have potential to me, but I think it was because of some strange lip thing, some bit of asymmetrical facial expression involving a lip, that made me expect her to be a little ironic or sarcastic or at least intelligent.  So I'd wait to hear something like that from her, and nothin'....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009, 01:25:15 PM »
I did like PT Sabrina better than RG Sabrina, truth be told.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009, 05:26:45 PM »
Agreed, Taeylor, or rather, I found PT Sabrina less annoying than her RT (that's what you meant, right?) counterpart.

Offline barnabasjr

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2009, 04:07:33 AM »
The renewal of this thread has given me a fresh and optimistic perspective regarding LR. I've made negative comments regarding Sabrina but next time she comes around I'll try not to fast forward. Someone made a comment once about how they wouldn't give up one second of DS by ffwding and I've tried to take that approach since then.
Your 3rd cousin in Virginia

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2009, 05:35:02 AM »
I don't forward through anything.  It's DS, warts and all.  :)  And yes...Midnite...I found PT Sabrina less annoying!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2009, 07:19:06 AM »
There's this thing with her lip, can't describe it, that always makes me expect her to be interestingly sarcastic or something... then I wait for some wit and it never comes.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2009, 09:16:18 AM »
She definately has a lip thing going on!!  I swear I am so sleep deprived. This has been a horrid week for sleep in my world!   [easter_shocked]  So I just endlessly surf old topics!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2009, 09:26:19 AM »
Sleep, my elusive quarry.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2012, 08:27:04 PM »
Lisa Richards is not a bad actress. She has worked pretty regularly over the years. I've seen her do some fine work, on One Life to Live and Moonlighting. She was not the best fit for DS though. Sabrina is a highly undeveloped character that might have worked better as a short term role
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2012, 10:21:28 PM »
She was very good opposite David Selby in the Big Finish audio Blood Dance.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2012, 05:41:40 AM »
Agreed, Taeylor, or rather, I found PT Sabrina less annoying than her RT (that's what you meant, right?) counterpart.

WOW this was from 2009; however, yes I did mean PT Sabrina was much less annoying than her RT counterpart! :)

I have to say that I liked her in the audio dramas.