Author Topic: Admit it Barnabas.....you love her.  (Read 4501 times)

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
Admit it Barnabas.....you love her.
« on: May 27, 2003, 10:57:57 PM »
Well today was what you call a perfect moment.  Angelique leaves Sky (thank goodness), runs to Barnabas' house, right into his arms. [luv]

That was breath taking.  Than, Barnabas, for some unknown reason, slightly pushes her away.  It probably had something to do with Maggie.

Well, not only did you ruin this perfect moment, but, now you've made her mad again. [witch]

Look out Quentin and Maggie, she's coming, and she's not happy. [furious3]
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Admit it Barnabas.....you love her.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2003, 02:34:35 AM »
That quick run to his arms and embrace has to be one of the best DS moments.  I think, in a way, Barnabas does love her, but is (as of yet, or maybe just not realizing) not in love with her.

Although I wish they would just end the Barnabas/Maggie thing at this point (since Josette already made it clear to Barnabas - get over it and move on already, buster!), it did allow Angelique to have Maggie and Quentin see little hearts.  For me, the Quentin/Maggie thing is one of the best couplings on the show.  I can't wait until PT1970!

Gerard

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2003, 03:30:27 AM »
Barnabas has a habit of destroying the best moments. ..i mean the other day he's sitting with Julia before the fire, inches from her lips, confessing all his bad boyness and nada. . . that was such a mean setup for the writers/director to do. . .
Julia99

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2003, 07:02:33 AM »
Such a tender, romantic moment for Angelique and I'm sure Barnabas also felt what Angelique's embrace was telling him, that is when he turned away... this is one of my favorite romantic moments...sigh

Sarah's [ghost]

by the by.. does anyone know what happened to Connie?  her wonderful story is also missing... thank you for any help..
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2003, 05:33:47 PM »
  by the by.. does anyone know what happened to Connie?  her wonderful story is also missing... thank you for any help..

I believe the story was posted on AOL, which she got rid of a while back.  Since she's no longer a registered cousin, you'll have to contact her off the forum to ask if it's available online, or IM LoveAtFirstBITE and ask her to pass it along.

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2003, 08:12:23 PM »

I believe the story was posted on AOL, which she got rid of a while back.  Since she's no longer a registered cousin, you'll have to contact her off the forum to ask if it's available online, or IM LoveAtFirstBITE and ask her to pass it along.

Thank you very much Midnite.  I am sorry to hear we have lost a cousin ???

Sarah's [ghost]
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2003, 09:08:21 PM »
Such a tender, romantic moment for Angelique and I'm sure Barnabas also felt what Angelique's embrace was telling him, that is when he turned away... this is one of my favorite romantic moments...sigh

Yes!  Thats one of my favorite Leviathan story moments!!  I loved the way she just ran into his arms, like he was the only man she ever truly loved!!  I found it hard to believe anyway, all that stuff about loving Sky and being a happy housewife and finally being in love.  It just didnt fit her.    Also I like Ang's hair the way she's been wearing it now, long and hanging down instead of all done up like a Star Trek maiden.

Deb

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2003, 10:03:16 PM »
I found it hard to believe anyway, all that stuff about loving Sky

Well, don't even get me started on how a woman like Angelique could have ever loved a piece of cardboard like Sky! I could go on for days (and have ;)) about how improbable THAT was!! [lghy]

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2003, 10:20:11 PM »
Shouldn't you first have had the conversation about whether or not Angelique was actually capable of loving anyone or anything at all?

I vote with the nays, myself.
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2003, 11:31:25 PM »
I'm a bit surprised to see that so many people considered the hug to be a gesture of romance.

I think that this moment was one of the most poignant of the show and one of the saving graces in the Leviathan period (which really isn't that bad.) As I saw it though, Angelique had just lost her husband and watched the peaceful life she worked so hard to achieve crumble.  Understandably, she would be upset.  When she ran to Barnabas, it was because she needed support after what she had been through and he was there to offer it.  Rather than seeing it as her trying to seduce him, I considered it a moment of pure friendship; after all these two have done to each other over the centuries, I was impressed that she was able to turn to him in such a vulnerable moment.  Of course it didn't last long because in the very next scene, Angelique was up to her old tricks, but oh well...

ProfStokes

Offline Dawn

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2003, 02:42:50 AM »
I have to agree with the Prof here.  It was not what I would consider romantic.  Plus, the writers had to have some way to set Angelique up into her coniving ways again.   ::)
To live in hearts we leave behind, is not to die.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2003, 05:19:49 PM »
It was definitely old friendship...but I wanted romance.

Patti

PS...Quentin & Maggie make a very good looking couple.

I'm trying to picture who Ang would look good with...any ideas?

What a Woman!

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2003, 09:00:04 PM »

Nickolas Blair!!!  Thought they were pretty good together in a sexy sort of way!

Deb

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2003, 10:27:39 PM »
Nickolas Blair!!!  Thought they were pretty good together in a sexy sort of way!

Angelique & Barnabas had good onscreen chemistry together but you're right, Nick & Angelique were good too.  Their's seemed more sexual than anything.  I can't see these two becoming friends at all or even having a "decent" conversation together, whereas  with Barnabas I can.

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2003, 01:14:11 AM »

Willie?

Hey!  As Judy Tenuta says:  It could happen.

Gerard