Author Topic: Dark Shadows Reloaded  (Read 1326 times)

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
Dark Shadows Reloaded
« on: May 27, 2003, 04:16:20 PM »
Anyone around here seen the new Matrix movie? I haven't yet, but I was looking at reviews on the web and came across one that mentions Dark Shadows. Apparently, there's supposed to be a scene in the film that features characters watching Dark Shadows.

Click here and scroll to the bottom.

Anyone actually catch this scene at the theater?

C.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
Re:Dark Shadows Reloaded
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 05:04:29 PM »
saw it last week. good special effects but a hard to follow/understand plot. i felt the same way about the 1st one. anyway the review is incorrect. they r not watching DARK SHADOWS. there is a scene where people r watching an old hammer horror film called BRIDES OF DRACULA.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2003, 05:25:56 PM »
the review is incorrect. they r not watching DARK SHADOWS. there is a scene where people r watching an old hammer horror film called BRIDES OF DRACULA.

Ah . . . thanks. That would explain why I couldn't find a mention of it anywhere other than in this particular review, which appears on 3 or 4 other sites as well.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2003, 06:20:39 AM »
i loved the movie(both of them)understood the first one better after i saw ReLoaded!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2003, 09:27:09 PM »
I love Brides of Dracula, and that's nice that the mall kids are getting exposure to something of that quality.  Martita Hunt was simply fabulous in that film, and so was the otherwise unknown David Peel.

Another great one from that period that Hammer did was Kiss of the Vampire.  I've wondered since seeing it whether Malcolm Marmorstein might have seen it and gotten the idea of Josette's music box luring Barnabas' victim to him from the way the music is used by the vampires in this movie.  It is such a haunting, beautiful setpiece.

I'm afraid Keanu Reeves makes me hurl, so I will not be seeing this.  He was good in My Own Private Idaho, of course.  It's too bad it couldn't have been him in the Viper Room that night instead of River Phoenix.

Heaving sigh of *artistic* frustration,

Gothick

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2003, 09:53:19 PM »
It's too bad it couldn't have been him in the Viper Room that night instead of River Phoenix.

I can't believe you've said that.  :o

But say what you will about Reeves, The Matrix is a great film. It was one of the first DVDs I bought and it's one that most definitely holds up to repeated viewing - not only for the film itself (which is complex, but in a time when cookie cutter plots tend to be the rage, all the more satisfying because it is, IMHO) but also because of the dazzling array of extras that are included. It's no wonder that the DVD still ranks as the biggest selling DVD of all time.

As for Reloaded, I haven't seen it yet. But word of mouth among the friends whose opinions I trust is that it's a sequel worthy of the original...

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2003, 05:27:25 AM »
It's too bad it couldn't have been him in the Viper Room that night instead of River Phoenix.

I can't believe you've said that.  :o

But say what you will about Reeves, The Matrix is a great film. It was one of the first DVDs I bought and it's one that most definitely holds up to repeated viewing - not only for the film itself (which is complex, but in a time when cookie cutter plots tend to be the rage, all the more satisfying because it is, IMHO) but also because of the dazzling array of extras that are included. It's no wonder that the DVD still ranks as the biggest selling DVD of all time.

As for Reloaded, I haven't seen it yet. But word of mouth among the friends whose opinions I trust is that it's a sequel worthy of the original...

i can't either Steve i'm going to have to come across town and spank you! i really enjoy Keanu!(he was also a good friend of River P) of course he has made some bombs(sweet nov was the worst!) but he has a likable quality to him!these movies were fun to me and God knows we need that now!

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV