Author Topic: OT - *sniff*  (Read 810 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
OT - *sniff*
« on: May 25, 2003, 07:07:38 PM »
Midnite...and others

I'm very sorry Buffy goes bye-bye :'( :'( :'(

But...consider the possibilities (which when DS went off the air, no one had...)

BUFFY BOARDS ::)

Buffy Conventions

Patti

who is so sick...I actually watched MacIver ::)

oh, to be able to eat food :-X (can't swallow...water hurts)
What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:OT - *sniff*
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2003, 12:48:38 AM »
That's true, Patti.  And I hope you feel better soon.

Cassandra_Blair asked something very intriguing (hope you don't mind, CB!) that could be opened to discussion...

Do you think Buffy will hold up as well as DS has-- or will its fans be as loyal-- 30+ years down the line?

(The *sniff*, btw, is cuz Anya went to bunny heaven in the finale [though to her I suppose that would be hellish ;)].)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2003, 01:04:30 AM »
Big difference right off the bat:  The "Buffy" DVD's are ALREADY coming out.  No waiting around for 30 years for the chance to see your favorite episodes once again.  I wonder if part of the reason fans have held on so dearly to DS, is that it was so DIFFICULT to hold on for decades.  It took an effort to find other fans and keep track of the people involved.

Now it's going to be so much easier...who-know-how-many websites, etc.  It will be just about impossible to miss the show for quite some time to come....and I'm not sure you cherish what you don't yet miss.
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2003, 01:30:14 AM »
Big difference right off the bat:  The "Buffy" DVD's are ALREADY coming out.  No waiting around for 30 years for the chance to see your favorite episodes once again.

And there's also syndication. Buffy runs twice a day on FX and two episodes (one each from two completely different seasons) run on local FOX stations every weekend.

I wonder if part of the reason fans have held on so dearly to DS, is that it was so DIFFICULT to hold on for decades.

I do think that has a lot to do with it.

I'm not sure you cherish what you don't yet miss.

Not to mention even with it having run on Sci-Fi almost continuously since 1992, DS fans are seemingly always in fear that the show will disappear from national view once each complete run ends...

But so far as Buffy goes, I do think it has the potential to be as popular in another 30 years as it is today. The show has such a rich canvas that I'm confident it will hold up after repeated viewing. There's an almost endless list of episodes that I never tire of watching every time I see that they're on. (Most, though, don't appear during the [puke] 4th season (most of which I avoid watching as much as I rush to watch others) - but that's not a discussion for this forum. ;))