Author Topic: ShadowGram Update #272 -- 2013 DS Cruise  (Read 4328 times)

Offline frank b

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: ShadowGram Update #272 -- 2013 DS Cruise
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2012, 12:29:34 PM »
I believe Jim will also have planned one of those one-day events in California next year, but not a full-blown festival. No doubt Jim was trying to do something different and in no way did he indicate the cruise was the final festival/event. I don't think there is any question that attendance will be far lower for the cruise than for regular festivals. Rather than thousands, there will probably only be hundreds. The feedback that I'm seeing on this board and also from my DS Facebook friends is that many die-hard regular fest goers will be passing on the cruise. I do wonder what that means for it actually happening. I wonder what the minimum number must be.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2012, 01:52:45 PM »
i live in new york so i don't have to take airfare into consideration but still i think this is going to end up being more money, and a bigger commitment of time, than i can give to it.

trying to fill 8 days with DS related events is going to be a real stretch. especially if scott and parker are the only two guests. more so given that anything to do with the depp film seems to be verboten with the fest crowd.

even with their expenses covered i'm not sure how viable this enterprise will be for scott and parker either. they can only sell so many books in 8 days. [hall2_huh]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2012, 02:04:00 PM »
Wow, Bermuda truly is a beautiful island with its trademark pink beaches! [hall2_grin] And, it's fun to drive around the island on those mopeds. [hall2_shocked] [hall2_grin]

Although, if I had my druthers, I'd prefer to fly to whatever idyllic island I was headed for so I could get there in just a couple of hours.  The late, great Johnny Carson once opined that he would rather not be a passenger on an ocean cruiser because he remembered back from his days as a young ensign in the U.S. Navy during World War II, that he disliked it when he could not get away from other sailors he didn't especially like on the ship.  (In the other branches of the service, you don't have that problem.) 

Maybe next time, Ms. Parker and Ms. Scott might plan a Dark Shadows cruise to St. Maarten, preferably on the French side of that sunny island.  Ooh-la-la!!! [hall2_kiss] [hall2_wink] [hall2_cheesy] [hall2_grin]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2012, 02:20:53 PM »
Are we down-hearted?  NO!

*Happy days are here again...*

Singing, G.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2012, 02:47:05 PM »
love it! [hall2_grin]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2012, 07:42:16 AM »
Wow, Bermuda truly is a beautiful island with its trademark pink beaches! [hall2_grin] And, it's fun to drive around the island on those mopeds. [hall2_shocked] [hall2_grin]

Maybe next time, Ms. Parker and Ms. Scott might plan a Dark Shadows cruise to St. Maarten, preferably on the French side of that sunny island.  Ooh-la-la!!! [hall2_kiss] [hall2_wink] [hall2_cheesy] [hall2_grin]

If they're doing this, surely it should be to Martinique!!!
Josette

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2012, 06:52:21 PM »
I would consider this, beg, borrow and steal money if there were more actors going on the trip.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2012, 06:56:38 PM »
If that's the case, then what might he dream up next?  Maybe a Dark Shadows Mexican bus tour, with a Grayson Hall impersonator leading us all in a singalong.

That would be wicked!!!! Count me in!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2012, 07:04:20 PM »
Is anybody booking? I wonder if they'll cancel if they don't have enough folks interrested?

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2012, 07:18:59 PM »
Love your idea, Lydia.

Perhaps there could be a special, invitation only event to a remote location where a select number of fans--I'm thinking ten--are the short term guests of Mr. U. N. Owen.

[hall2_grin]
 [hall2_smiley]
 [hall2_grin]
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline DLA75

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2012, 07:19:25 AM »
8 Days seems like long time in October/November. During July/August  it would seem a little more covenant for many of us. I have done 8 Day trips for the Fest in California. When you account for airfare, hotels,Theme Parks, Studio tours and rent a cars it can cost almost as much as a cruse. But Beyond the 3 days of the Fest the rest of the time is for me to do what i want. 8 Days on a cruse seems very structured in both activities and meals. You can't just roam free or seek out the best food options. My parents have also pointed out to me that it is during Hurricane season. I have to think about it long and hard.
Dan

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2012, 09:00:29 PM »
My parents have also pointed out to me that it is during Hurricane season. I have to think about it long and hard.

Your folks are correct. When I went on a cruise from Boston to Bermuda, we were followed by five hurricances. Didn't bother me. I love to be on the water, but plenty people got sick.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2012, 04:45:40 AM »
As I've mentioned before, as much as I love ocean liners and cruise ships, I get seasick just from stirring my coffee.  But I use the prescription transderm patch and it nips mal-de-mar in the bud.  I swear by it.

Gerard