Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0330  (Read 607 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0330
« on: October 27, 2012, 03:53:22 PM »
Robservations - #330

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0330

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 06:17:14 PM »
Poor David--no one believes him. He even sneaks back to the Old House in crepe-soled desert boots to try to prove he isn't lying.

Julie urges Elizabeth and Roger as strenuously as she can without blowing her cover that they have to keep David away from the Old House--and that they don't need to tell Barnabas about David's latest fantasies either.

Julia is moody as she gives Barnabas another injection. Barn actually has his jacket off and we can see his suit vest as he rolls his shirtsleeve back down--this is as undressed as he ever gets. Anyway, Julia tells him that she's feeling a bit blue because Willie has been shipped out to a home for the criminally insane. Even Barnabas feels a bit sorry.

Welcome, Bil Baird bat!  [bat7628] (The shadow of the pole used to manipulate the bat is visible in the last scene.)

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 12:53:02 AM »
I too enjoyed the pole bat by Baird. David looks at the picture of Barnabas and the eyelids glow. Roger decideds tht David is losing his gripe.  Roger plays the piano. Julia calls David's dream fantasies. What else could it be certainly not reality.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 05:54:53 AM »
The eyes aren’t glowing in the correct spot. Okay, got that off my chest.

Anyone think that Barnabas can actually see into Collinwood via the portrait?

Henesy has been doing a pretty good job lately. I know I couldn’t have done what he did at his age.

I like the scene with David, Roger and Liz. I guess now that Roger is new and improved, Liz is being a little more sensitive toward him and his parenting technique.

Dear lord, David goes to the Old House after all his warnings to others. But that’s our David, right? Lol At first I thought he was going to catch Barn rising from the coffin, but when I saw that the basement door was locked, I figured someone would catch him there, and it was Julia. I’d hate to admit it, but I thought to myself either Willie or Julia would catch David at the door. Willie? Really? Duh.

Grayson was fun to watch with David, and then with Roger and Liz discussing keeping David away from the Old House and his “fantasies”.

I’m so glad the location scouts found the Old House, and that stills & footage were taken of it. I think it adds so much to the ambiance of the Old House scenes.

The scene between Barn & Jules at the Old House looked good color-wise. It made me think of the old View Master Reels pix. Frid looks great in dark suits. I’m really warming up to the Barnabas/Julia thang. Frid seems more at ease in his scenes with Grayson – Maybe it’s my imagination, or maybe it’s an intended tell tale sign of their blossoming codependence. No more Karlen? Willie’s been shipped off to an asylum (not Wyndcliff, where Jules can keep tabs on him?) and I can’t for the life of me fathom Barn having any fondness toward him whatsoever. Had I had a baloney sandwich, I’d have thrown it at Barn/the TV when he stated that.

Roger and David: The scene between them in David’s bedroom was intriguing because I am not used to Roger being so understanding and, well, fatherly. Roger’s turtleneck made me think of Jonny Lee Miller’s Roger in The 2012 DS movie.

It’s pretty obvious what Barn’s plans are for David, what with his discussion with Jules, and the bat attack. It’s much better TV than having to hear Barn say for the 12th time that David must be killed.

The one thing I kept repeating to myself over and over during this episode is that it’s time for Barn to move his two coffins.

I guess the guy that created the bat is a famous…bat maker? Marionetter? Puppet master? Batman? Now I am wondering if Bob the bartender got screen credit when he had those few lines a few episodes back. There’s got to be a CTP/FITB quote in here somewhere.

Not a bad episode for content, but Frid and Edmonds struggled a bit with their lines.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 03:07:02 PM »
You can read about Bil (yes, only one "l") Baird here. He was pretty famous when I was a kid.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 05:51:45 PM »
Thanx for the link!