Author Topic: IMs & E-mails  (Read 865 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
IMs & E-mails
« on: May 22, 2003, 01:13:22 AM »
Ohhh Dooomm....
take a stab at my questions (I'll send all my big bucks the 2nd Tuesday next week). Anywho...

Okay...when I can't get on, I send Midnite an e-mail (from my regular/Outlook Express) e-mail, cause I happen to have her 'regular'? e-mail address.

I know I'm not being too clear (please don't be so shocked  ::) ).

If I click on someone's post...is it their REAL e-mail, or just this forum's email? (In my case...hmm...it says pat dot feinberg at verizon dot net, but it goes here)...

Okay...does everyone on this forum have a DS mailbox?
Do some people (I know everyone has e-mail) have...oh, I'm not saying this right....

Patti[crazd]
What a Woman!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:IMs & E-mails
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2003, 01:37:27 AM »
Alright...
I went to cousins lists, and the cousins that had their non-board e=mail listed, I copied & pasted to my Outlook Express.

Interesting...MB for his e-mail (not IM) has mb at this board dot com....could all of us have that (don't know why, just asking), or is it a mod feature/would clog up stuff too much?

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:IMs & E-mails
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2003, 03:11:35 AM »
Patti....everyone has to have a valid e-mail address in order to have signed on here as a member in the first place.  Lots of us have it 'hidden' but we all have to have one.

Mine, for instance in my username @ yahoo.com.  That's a "real" e-mail address where messages can be sent to me from anywhere, including this forum when we go down for some reason, and the PTB want to let us know.

It is NOT my "personal" e-mail address which I have never shared on this forum because that's a rule in our house.

And it's NOT the way in which our "messages" to one another come and go.  That's something completely internal.

MB's address is the one HERE.  If, for instance, you were ON your computer, but OFF the forum and couldn't seem to log back on, you could send him a message (via YOUR regular e-mail) letting him know you were having trouble and asking for assistance.

I know....look who's trying to explain something technical  ::)....but this is something I'm pretty sure of because I had to have it explained to me. 
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas