Author Topic: The Swiss Miss Look  (Read 2144 times)

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
The Swiss Miss Look
« on: May 20, 2003, 01:35:26 PM »
I was going to address this in an Idle Thoughts column, but no time, plus I am soooo bored by the plot right now.

Anyhow: no comments on that extraordinary coiffure of Mrs. Schuyler Rumson? I am shocked. I admit my own tresses are nothing to write home about, but even on my worst days, I haven't looked that bad.

She had the poofy souffle hair that looked a lot like some of the 'dos on the original Star Trek and then she had those little girl braids sticking out all over the place tied with black bows!!!

This is supposed to be the look of a wealthy society woman?
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Angelique
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2003, 05:27:55 PM »
The braids make me a little nostalgic because back then they were available in any length and hair color.  When my sister got married (the first time, hee hee) at around that same time, I wore my hair up with a long braid weaved around the curls.  Wouldn't have touched the bows though, yuck.

But later in the series when LP has those loops of braids sticking out of her head-- now that makes me think of Swiss Miss.

I find it endlessly amusing that she left for the airport at nite to meet hubby in a storm, then returned in the morning sporting a new and complicated hairdo and wearing a pink dress instead of black.  No attempt at continuity whatsover.

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:The Swiss Miss Look
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2003, 12:11:58 AM »
Hello LuciaPhil i wondered too about that
odd hairdo on Angelique!! Looks like she
didnt' finish braiding it.
          Love Anne
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Angelique
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2003, 07:21:09 AM »
I find it endlessly amusing that she left for the airport at nite to meet hubby in a storm, then returned in the morning sporting a new and complicated hairdo and wearing a pink dress instead of black.  No attempt at continuity whatsover.

I meant to post last night to alert newbies to pay attention to what she wore yesterday and her hairdo.  One of the little things I was especially awaiting!!
Josette

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re:Angelique
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2003, 09:23:09 AM »

You're very observant Midnite!  I hadnt even noticed the dress change and you would think with a color like pink I would!  Another thing I dont get is how she drove around in that terrible storm all night and still managed to come home looking like she just stepped out of a Salon!!    Couldn't she have at least stopped to call her husband from a payphone?  We know the phones were working because Sky received one and made one during the storm.   The whole thing just looked crazy!! [spin]
Deb

Offline Julian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2003, 02:22:39 PM »
On the subject of fashion and in regard to the montage on the board this morning, what's up with all the fur- full fur coats and fur lined collars.  Was PETA around back then?  They'd have a complete nuclear melt down over all the fur.  Is Bruno's jacket squirrel?

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2003, 02:36:26 PM »
  Is Bruno's jacket squirrel?

Oh, I'd love to think so.  The little rodents have chewed the heads off every one of the Gerber Daisies in my garden, forcing me to put enough garlic cloves in the ground out there to make my garden as Vampire free as what-used-to-be-Sunnydale.  [bawling2]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2003, 04:58:23 PM »
My friends and I refer to the material of Bruno's jacket as RANCH POODLE.  A popular fabric during that moment of insanity that was the late Sixties (for those who don't know, this era lasted until around the year 1973 or so).

I also LOVE Angelique's reappearance in completely different hairpieces and wardrobe after her angry trip to the Airport.  I think John and I joked at one point that she kept a little case in the trunk of her car with a variety of wiglets, falls, etc. depending upon what was required for the occasion.  Angie's clearly relishing her role of suburban trophy-wife fashion plate, even if the results often take a somewhat unsavory turn, as Luciaphil astutely pointed out.

On an unrelated note, who was the guy who played the state detective from Augusta?  I was cracking up when he hesitated on his own surname, with a quick furtive glance at the teleprompter.

Gothick

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2003, 05:04:07 PM »
Is Bruno's jacket squirrel?

I prefer to think that it's made of Alvin, Simon, and Theodore.  ;)

Bruno reminds me of Joe Namath. I'm just waiting for his pantyhose scene.  ;D

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline sheenasma

• Full Poster
  • Sheena
    • View Profile
    • NancyMck's Dark Shadows Events
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2003, 10:58:32 PM »
Okay, since the subject of wearing dead animals has come up....can I ask what the fascination with cow hide prints of late is?  I see cow hide everywhere.  Shoes, bags, vests.  Here a cow, there a cow, every where a cow cow, eieio.

I prefer my dead cow plucked, tanned and made into a really cool pair of shoes, thank you.

N
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau

Screw Thoreau - sheenasma
GHP

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2003, 03:15:35 AM »
Here a cow, there a cow, every where a cow cow, eieio.

Oh sheenasma....Thank You for my laugh out loud of the evening!!
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2003, 05:57:40 AM »
Yee Haw!!!
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2003, 08:47:18 AM »
My friends and I refer to the material of Bruno's jacket as RANCH POODLE.  A popular fabric during that moment of insanity that was the late Sixties (for those who don't know, this era lasted until around the year 1973 or so).

LOL!  I keep waiting for him to show up with those high platform shoes they use to wear during the disco craze!

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2003, 08:46:18 AM »
LOL!  I keep waiting for him to show up with those high platform shoes they use to wear during the disco craze!

Thats funny Cassandra,  I can still see my future husband back then taking me out with those crazy 3 inch platform shoes and heading for the discoteque!!   He gets so mad everytime I bring those platform shoes up!!

Deb

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2003, 02:15:32 PM »

On an unrelated note, who was the guy who played the state detective from Augusta?  I was cracking up when he hesitated on his own surname, with a quick furtive glance at the teleprompter.

Gothick

I think his real life name was also Hamilton so it's amusing to think he could mess it up.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf