Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0326  (Read 659 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0326
« on: October 23, 2012, 12:11:25 AM »
Robservations - #326

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0326

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 03:55:12 PM »
Well, at least someone at Collinwood--David--realizes that Sarah is actually a ghost.

The scene between Barnabas and Julia is one of my all-time favorites--all the more hilarious because JF and GH play it dead straight. Two of my all-time favorite Barnabas zingers, both about the hapless Willie:

"He clings to life with a leechlike persistence" and "I'm talking about getting rid of him before someone brings us the news that he has miraculously recovered and is writing his memoirs."

The next morning, Julia asks Vicki for details about David's nightmare--details that Vicki sees no reason to conceal. Later, MISS Hoffman the historian talks to Elizabeth about talking to David. I once had a lot of experience in child psychology, she explains. Her cover is wearing pretty thin by now to me, but not of course to the good people of Collinsport.

David shows Elizabeth his drawing of Barn's coffin. And of course he freaks out when he sees Julia's medallion.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 11:49:39 PM »
The dream is much cooler in color.  As he awakens David decides Sarah is dead.  It is interesting that David takes his dreams as fact and his conclusions about real life situations are drawn from them; whereas, the adults would think he was crazy to believe his dreams.  The hopefulness of getting news of Willies demise is amusing.  I too like the leech like persistence to which he clings.
Julia carries her handbag around the house with the medallion revealed to be inside. Why does she not just wear it or stick it in her pocket.  The carrying of the pocketbook around inside seems excessive even for Julia.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 05:17:38 AM »
Another AM opening voiceover. Thank you.

Well, I see Vicki's dress in color. Not impressed but I appreciate the opportunity. And this episode is sponsored by orange hue and green tint.

It was a little jarring that David named Barnabas as the man in his dream. And that he and Sarah are dead. Well, Barn's dead sometimes, let's get that straight. My favorite part of David's and Vicki's talk in the opening scene is seeing how much in charge of David Vicki is.

The writing was fun for the Barn & Jules scene but it didn't work as delivered. Still fun though. The lack of music in the scene was obvious and noticeable.

My favorite line in the episode was delivered by Liz to Julia: "You seem a woman of many talents, Miss Hoffman."

Bennett looked lovely as usual. And I got a kick out of seeing Julia's flats.

The final scene between David and Julia worked pretty well I thought. Julia's reaction at the very end of the scene was a bit odd for having David standing there. I feel like her reaction was better suited to him running out of the room and up the stairs.

This episode was okay. I think it was pretty exciting as written but it didn't grab me as much as I think it was meant to.