Author Topic: Joel Crothers & Barbara Steele in Alfred Hitchcock Presents airing 10/21 & 10/31  (Read 1086 times)

Offline verusselle

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Joel Crothers and Barbara Steele co-star together in "Beta Delta Gamma", a 1961 episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents airing on Antenna TV this month, first on Sunday 10/21 at 8:30 am Eastern and again during a series marathon on Wednesday 10/31 at 1:00 pm Eastern.  Although credited as supporting players, both Joel and Barbara have substantial roles and appear throughout the episode.  The story involves a group of college kids partying overnight at an oceanfront fraternity house who decide to play a practical joke with disastrous results.

Offline barnabasjr

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for the tip! Not knowing whether or not I have Antenna TV, I searched YouTube and found the episode here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94LKWoWp_Bk&feature=colike. What a strange coincidence to see the two of them together. What a stranger coincidence to see [spoiler]almost as much of Joel's legs as Barbara's.[/spoiler]
Your 3rd cousin in Virginia

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Thanks for posting this. Just watched the YouTube version. It's kind of like Beach Blanket Bingo gone bad. Barbara and Joel were both so young! Another member of the cast was Barbara Harris, who later appeared in Nashville and Hitchcock's Family Plot.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Wow.  Thanks for the tip, Uncle Roger and Barnabas Jr!  I'll take any opportunity to admire Barbara's acting talent... and/or Joel's legs...

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Thanks so much, verusselle, for the heads up!  [hall2_smiley]  And thanks so much, barnabasjr, for tracking down the ep on YouTube!  [hall2_smiley]  I checked the Antenna TV Web site last night and it's not available in my area, so I was really disappointed that I wouldn't be able to catch the ep - but now I can.  [hall2_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Again I have to thank verusselle and barnabasjr because I just finished watching the ep and quite enjoyed it. Though[spoiler]you pretty much knew what the outcome was going to be once the immobilizing drug was introduced and because everything was set in a beach setting.[/spoiler]But just because the outcome was deducible, it didn't make it any the less chilling.  [shiver]

It was also a hoot to see Joel Crothers and Barbara Steele working together. I had no idea that they had ever done so. And it also never really hit me until I was watching that there was only a very slightly more than a three year age difference between them.

Offline barnabasjr

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
I, too, was struck by how close in age they were.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
barnabasjr, I hadn't realized that you'd reached the 65,535 size limit for Karma cures/curses and you couldn't get any higher. But now that I have, I've adjusted the size limit of that field in the database. Now you can get as high as 16,777,215 without it having to be adjusted again.  [hall2_smiley]  But if you (or any other members) get anywhere near that number, my hat's off to you!  [hall2_grin]

I'll also check to see if any of the floaties you've caught weren't ever added into your curses.  [hall2_wink]

Offline barnabasjr

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Wow, it's been a looooooooonnnnnnggggg time since I've had the pleasure of trying to capture those things, but, to keep it somewhat on topic, don't the Joel Crothers/Nathan Forbes yellow pants come back soon?

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Wow, it's been a looooooooonnnnnnggggg time since I've had the pleasure of trying to capture those things, but, to keep it somewhat on topic, don't the Joel Crothers/Nathan Forbes yellow pants come back soon?

...what he said...

Patti
What a Woman!