Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0324  (Read 914 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0324
« on: October 19, 2012, 04:36:02 PM »
Robservations - #324

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0324

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 08:14:42 PM »
Elizabeth is wearing a lime-green and pink paisley dress today (better than it sounds), Vicki is in a dark suit, and Julia is wearing a cardigan sweater set.

Poor Willie is being scapegoated without even a chance to defend himself. Right now, David is the only one who doesn't think Willie is guilty.

Vicki comments laughingly, I have a notion about Barnabas: I think he sleeps during the day because he loves the night so much. Julia looks a little worried.

In spite of herself, poor Julia is a bit flapped when Dave Woodard suggests she is romantically involved with Barnabas.

Again with the "burning eyes" in Barnabas portrait. Anywhere but the Collinwood Universe, lots more people would be suspicious.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 11:54:20 PM »
Elizabeth's dress is wild. It reminds me of when my grandmothers and their friends caught up tp the sixties colors and hemlines. I love how Julia says she suspected Willie all along and that he was a psychopath.

you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 04:53:42 AM »
Enjoyed having AM's voiceover back.

Is this the first we've seen of Liz since she's been gone? I see Liz went shopping while she was away. I guess this is the new Liz, and it shows. Liz is my favorite character so I am happy. I liked all her scenes but I am extremely biased. "Nothing must happen to David." That sounds like the old Liz.

Do you suppose they dressed down AM & GH because of Joan being in this episode? Just wondering.

I'm not why this episode has a green tint to it but the clarity, even on VHS, is marvelous; especially in the scenes in the study.

Love Grayson's eye make up and the wig is looking very healthy. Still eating up Gerringer's Woodard. And I used to wear my hair like David is in this episode. All of a sudden, David looks taller and older.

Favorite lines: David - "I'm not being childish! I don't want to go to the Old House. And I don't want to see cousin Barnabas! And you can't make me!"

The big comfy oversized red leather chair in the study looks big enough to fit Henry VIII. It's fun seeing the study, or is it the library?

It was a lot of fun watching Grayson in this episode. I got a big kick out of Julia bragging about her long justified investigation to Doctor Woodard. And her incredulousness at Dave Woodard's talk of the supernatural. And then the icing on the cake... "You didn't have to, Julia. You didn't have to." Julia and Barnabas sittin' in a tree...

I guess now it's going to be David vs Barnabas vs Julia.

Hate the twice played theremin music cue (aka curtain). Love it as a single, but the double cue is stupid. And I'm not being childish.

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 06:29:36 AM »
Hate the twice played theremin music cue (aka curtain). Love it as a single, but the double cue is stupid. And I'm not being childish.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way. I assume that when it happened (all too frequently, as it turns out) it was because the cue had been picked up too early and they had to stretch it to fit in with the camera that still needed to catch up with the music.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 07:57:53 AM »
Yeah, it seems like a mistake or repair the first time you hear it.