Author Topic: Barnabas is going to kill Jeb?  (Read 1646 times)

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
Barnabas is going to kill Jeb?
« on: May 17, 2003, 03:19:47 AM »
When Maggie told Barnabas today that Jeb had her "kiddnapped", Barnabas  says "I'll kill him."  Now that's a man for you.

Barnabas seems like the kind of guy that if you said "I don't like him", he would kill him.  And then Willie would dump his or her body somewhere.

Yea, Barnabas is the man! [couto]
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Barnabas is going to kill Jeb?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2003, 12:16:22 PM »
Hello, Terry what a guy Barnabas is !! I don't
blame him for wanting to kill Jeb he's nothing
but trouble!!  GO BARNABAS!!
                    Love Anne :)
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re:Barnabas is going to kill Jeb?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2003, 12:41:22 AM »
after seeing the title of this i wish someone would!He is the worst and so mean to Maggie! what a loser!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

IluvBarnabas

Re: Barnabas is going to kill Jeb?
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 03:47:43 PM »
Just watched this segment on my DVD's last night and like to comment it. I too don't blame Barnabas one little bit for wanting to kill Jeb, not only for kidnapping Maggie but also [spoiler]killing Paul Stoddard, his beloved Carolyn's father, and causing David, one of his most loyal followers,to break his leg. Jeb's reasoning to doing that to David was pretty stupid.[/spoiler]

The question is how could he kill Jeb?. After all Barnabas [spoiler]tried to poison him once before and it had no effect on him. Apparently they said the only way Jeb could be destroyed was by a werewolf. The only way I see it is if Barnabas drugged Jeb, put him into the secret room of the mausoleum, put Chris in there too when there's a night of the full moon and let the werewolf finish him off....though I do have doubts about that scenerio....if poison didn't work on Jeb, I don't think drugging him would have any effect on him either.[/spoiler]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 01:30:20 PM »
You know I think I am in the minority but I did like the plot device that the Leviathans were scared of WEREWOLVES. I still wish this sequence would have been carried through with its full six month vision.  It may have been a masterpiece.  Why did Curtis have to be so damn jumpy....I know they got mounds of mail.  Which leads me to ask this of MB...I remember seeing the commercial for 1795...did the "TRUTH ABOUT THE LEVIATHANS" commercial survive you once referred to??
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 05:40:50 PM »
Hey, how about a DS version of "rock, paper, scissors" called Vampire, Werewolf, Leviathans?-- Leviathan beats vampire, vampire beats werewolf, ww beats Leviathans...   [a2a3]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 06:20:05 PM »
LOL!  There ya go! ;)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Online MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 08:09:18 AM »
I've noted lately how often men on DS, including protagonists, swear that if somenoe does this or that, they'll kill that person.   Maybe in that era, it was treated as a fact of life that given enough provocation, killing someone was a possibility.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 03:50:34 AM »
Or you could take it as a cheap way to intimidate.  Certain characters do that A LOT in 1897, and you notice it more with the watching project, what with paying close attention to write up the posts.

Of course the downside of that is that when someone does turn up dead, their big mouth makes them the first suspect, whether they intended to act on it or not.   [ghost_rolleyes]

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics