Author Topic: e true hollywood story  (Read 4684 times)

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
Re:e true hollywood story
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2003, 01:54:11 PM »
So, what is the True DS Expose?

That you can get blood out of a stone? ;D
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2003, 03:06:48 PM »
Connie, you are the bomb!

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2003, 04:29:43 PM »
I guess trash sells though because
why else do people care what a long dead President did
with an intern! guess i like fantasy better because i could care less!

I agree Jennifer.  At this point in time no one really gives a fig what he and she did.  Ah, but they say that confession is good for the soul and perhaps the lady feels better!
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2003, 07:56:44 PM »
Connie,
     That was so good. LOL!  My husband laughed and he isn't even a fan of the show.  Brava!   [hello] and take a bow [9050], Connie.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Eleanor_Rigby

• Full Poster
  • So it goes -- Kilgore Trout
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2003, 12:26:21 AM »
I would love to see an E! special about Dark Shadows.  Doesn't Biography focus just on one person?  I would like that too but I don't think it would happen.  At this point I would even go for Robert Colbert Unplugged.

Connie, rofl about the magazine cover.  You're the same Connie, CLC, aren't you?  But you are a guest now?   ???
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss

Offline murph

• Full Poster
  • I love Dark Shadows!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2003, 02:21:57 AM »
Hi Eleanor_Rigby,

Biography usually focuses on one person but they have focused on classic shows such as "the Bob Newhart show", "the Mary Tyler Moore show",  "MASH", "the Dick Van Dyke show" and "Happy Days".

Most of my friends who are in their early 40's all have fond memories of the show. They don't tape it everyday, or purchase the DVD's like I do but several have said they would love to watch a behind the scenes show like Biography.  With all the Baby Boomers who grew up with that show how could Biography go wrong in devoting one night or even five to it?

That is why I believe that if the people involved in "Dark Shadows" are interested the people at Biography would be as well.

Thanks,

Murph 

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2003, 02:23:15 AM »
I would love to see an E! special about Dark Shadows.  Doesn't Biography focus just on one person?

Biography had a 'spinoff' series of sorts, called TVography, which aired on Mondays in 2001-2002. It is returning sometime this month, not sure if it has yet or if it will still be a regular series.

I'd like to see either an E! True Hollywood Story or an A&E Biography. I wouldn't want it to be too trashy, but at the same time I'd hope it wouldn't present things as being perfect. I like the E! True Hollywood Story more when it comes to TV shows because they're longer, but some of them are overly gossipy - for instance, the one on Diff'rent Strokes had only 30 minutes on the actual show, with the other hour and a half focusing on what happened to it's child stars. It would be great if E! did one on DS that resembled the one they did on Suzanne Somers, which presented the fats of her life without getting very tabloidish. Anyways, it would be grand if someone did something on DS.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2003, 02:34:23 AM »
Connie, rofl about the magazine cover.  You're the same Connie, CLC, aren't you?  But you are a guest now?   ???

She deleted her own membership.  Until we reopen to guest traffic, to reach her you'll need to contact her off the forums.

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2003, 07:07:49 AM »
Connie, however do you do it?!!  That's a riot!!!!

Josette

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2003, 06:57:10 PM »
Connie's DS tabloid trash has this tired puppy rolling in the aisles.  What a hoot!

This is one fan who devoutly prays that A & E and E! stay well away from DS.  The accounts of the Sci Fi Sciography tape and the sordid sensationalism of its tone made me shudder but I frankly expected nothing but the worst the moment I heard about that project.  Anything produced by the other two networks mentioned would be bound to be even more lacking in taste than the lamentable video rubbish-heap spooled together by Sci Fi.  I've suffered through some of these productions in the past and they are an embarrassment to behold.

If you want good stories from behind the scenes at DS, get the MPI tapes such as DS: 25th anniversary and 30th anniversary or DS: behind the scenes.  There are also some good fan video compilations of Festivals way back when (going back to the Eighties thanks to the late Dave Brown).  Watching these is a lot more fun and informative than giving DS the kind of Whacko Jacko treatment that is the fare meted out by the cable networks these days.

Just MHO,

Gothick

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2003, 07:07:12 PM »
FOUND THIS......

OHMYGOD! I can't even tell you how funny this is, I'm laughing so hard! [lghy]

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2003, 10:26:10 PM »
FOUND THIS......

Connie,

All I can say to that is:  ROTFL!!!  [clap][clap][clap]
Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
MOVED: Casting Shadows video
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2003, 11:48:04 PM »
Casting Shadows is also a wonderful source of Dark Shadows lore on video. Originally produced in 1986 by a public television station in NY, it features interviews with several of the actors, a few of which have unfortunately since passed on.

Read the rest of Bobubas' post here

Offline boykading

• Junior Poster
  • Arggh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2003, 05:04:42 AM »
Speaking of Tvography, I just watched the Buffy edition (gearing up for the finale tomorrow night) that I Tivo'd last week and right at the beginning they say "From Dracula to Dark Shadows..." and then they showed the title screen of "HODS" and old Barn coming up close for a bite. I think I frightened the cats with my infernal yayying!

Thankfully, the husband could not be reached for comment as he was out at a wine event. (We live in the wino country here in California.)

It really doesn't take much to make my night, does it??  :)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
MOVED: ds convention/event tapes
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2003, 06:14:10 AM »
the ds 25th anniversary is no longer available. it was taken away after frid got upset over 2 dramatic reaings that were added to it without his consent. i have many ds convention/event tapes available for sale.

The rest of joe integlia's post can be read here.