Author Topic: Bye Sweetheart  (Read 1334 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Bye Sweetheart
« on: May 09, 2003, 04:30:32 PM »
Well..I AGAIN didn't set my VCR right....I came home at 8:30 and saw it wasn't recording..quick..I think I fixed it.

I'll miss you Paul.

You coulda been a dad.

You coulda been a good husband.

You coulda fit in.....nah!!!!

Poor Carolyn....just starting to have this good relationship.

Does anyone know why TPTB didn't want Paul's character on?

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Bye Sweetheart
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2003, 05:25:52 PM »
I'll miss you Paul.

You coulda been a dad.

You coulda been a good husband.

You coulda fit in.....nah!!!!

You could've revealed who Vicki's parents were.  AAAAA!

Does anyone know why TPTB didn't want Paul's character on?

He left to film the movie "Joe", which was released later that year.  Which led to one of the more ridiculous uses of a photo on the show.

Your title made me think this was going to be a farewell Amanda thread, lol.  I didn't watch the 2nd ep cuz I just didn't feel up to witnessing the stupidity and the whining.  But maybe I'll tune back in on Monday for the infamous peat moss scene. 8)

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2003, 08:33:21 PM »

Your title made me think this was going to be a farewell Amanda thread, lol. 

LOL!!  And I thought it was going to be a farewell to Michael the leviathan brat post!!  I guess we were both wrong!  sorry Patti!

Yes I do wish that Paul could have been on somewhat longer than he was.  He and Carolyn were just beginning to get to know one another as father and daughter.  She waited 20 years for him only to have him act like a raving lunatic half the time because of the leviathan pact.   I think it could have worked as far as father and daughter went.

Deb ;)

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2003, 09:20:31 PM »
oh i say farewell to Paul too! found this storyline to be so stupid
and think Paul came back  because he lost all his money!
he might have found out he cared for her but the real reason
he came back is because he was broke!

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2003, 09:22:09 PM »
While Paul Stoddard had to go to that great gothic manorhouse in the sky (in order to go and do a movie), it was a shame they decided that he had to make the final exit.  I'm surprised they didn't think that maybe he'd come back when things slowed down on the movie lots to continue his character, and thus do what they always do with somebody when there's a chance they could return:  ship 'em off to Wyndcliffe. ...............somewhat of a SPOILER here................  Even with our beloved TLATKLS, it was never a for-sure thing that she wouldn't be back after getting married and sailing across the Atlantic on the S.S. France to Paris with her husband.  She even thought that eventually she would, so sweet Maggie was sent packing to Wyndcliffe.  Of course, the series did not outlast her stay at Bonkers Hotel (or her and her husband's life in Paris).

Gerard

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2003, 08:10:10 AM »
He left to film the movie "Joe", which was released later that year.  Which led to one of the more ridiculous uses of a photo on the show.

I don't want to bother with any spoilers here, but for those who haven't seen it, watch out for when this happens - it's SOOO funny!
Josette

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2003, 08:38:59 AM »
I'm surprised they didn't think that maybe he'd come back when things slowed down on the movie lots to continue his character, and thus do what they always do with somebody when there's a chance they could return:  ship 'em off to Wyndcliffe.

That would have been a great idea Gerard!   It seems like he just arrived on the scene and now suddenly, he's killed off.  It's sad that Carolyn never really got the chance to have a more normal father & daughter relationship with her dad.

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"