Author Topic: Chat?  (Read 3215 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Chat Question
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2003, 02:36:22 PM »
I checked my security setting which is set to prompt when asked to "Download Signed ActiveX Controls."  I have it this way on purpose so I don't download unwanted content.  I do make a living off this computer, besides it being fun, so a girl can't be too safe.  I also have it at high security on Java permissions.

I have those same settings in IE. ;)

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re:Chat?
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2003, 03:20:36 PM »
so if you get the screen that says welcome you are registered?

thanks
jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2003, 05:18:12 PM »

You do see "Welcome to EveryWhereChat.com" in the chat screen followed by the name you've entered, but it doesn't necessarily mean you're registered, and unless you registered with a name other than your username or screen name I don't see you in the Registered Members Listing.  :(

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2003, 06:43:38 AM »

You do see "Welcome to EveryWhereChat.com" in the chat screen followed by the name you've entered, but it doesn't necessarily mean you're registered, and unless you registered with a name other than your username or screen name I don't see you in the Registered Members Listing.  :(

tried  by keeps sayin incorrect password? :'(
i think i'm using the right one is it because have different user name than screen?
jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2003, 04:55:40 PM »
is it because have different user name than screen?

Could be. As I said, the chat server automatically recognizes the name you're using on the forum (in your case jennifer, not pattiv) and appends the extension _srabsdod to it. So, if you registered with a name other than jennifer, the server probably isn't equating the password you're entering with the username jennifer_srabsdod, which is who it assumes you are.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2003, 05:10:35 PM »
i think i'm using the right one is it because have different user name than screen?

I apologize for the confusion, but I only brought up your different username because I was trying to find your chat registration-- the EWC listing for registered members is huge.  But now I'm seeing you listed there, so when you're prompted to enter a password (a display screen will say, "Nickname jennifer_srabsdod is registered. Password is required to use it.") it should work, and what you'll see is a welcome on the chatroom screen.  Though the room itself is pw protected, you can still play around with the features and use the Help button.

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2003, 05:57:44 AM »

I apologize for the confusion, but I only brought up your different username because I was trying to find your chat registration-- the EWC listing for registered members is huge.  But now I'm seeing you listed there, so when you're prompted to enter a password (a display screen will say, "Nickname jennifer_srabsdod is registered. Password is required to use it.") it should work, and what you'll see is a welcome on the chatroom screen.  Though the room itself is pw protected, you can still play around with the features and use the Help button.

no apology needed i tried a few times and it accepted
my password once and then it didn't! just wanted to check it out for the future!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV