Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0298  (Read 925 times)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Discuss - Ep #0298
« on: September 13, 2012, 08:42:02 AM »
Robservations - #298

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0298

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 08:53:46 AM »
If Dan Curtis was so keen on the Seaview storyline, why wasn't a new set built for it instead of using the set that had been used for Roger's cannery office?  I love that set, but if the storyline’s going to focus on a particular house, the set for that house should be new.

Regardless of that, they're still pushing Seaview.  Maybe the plan was for there to be a special room that we haven't seen yet, and a new set was going to be built for that room.

Meanwhile, Elizabeth doesn't like the house, and we've been prompted to wonder why it has been left abandoned for so long.  It's not nearly so messy-looking as the Old House first floor looked before Willie cleaned it up, so who's been taking care of it?  I'm willing to bet that we would never have found out, even if the storyline had been allowed to continue.

I just love Julia in this episode.  She's clumsy, but by golly she gets the job done!

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 02:27:48 PM »
Elizabeth really should have checked out that 'not for sale' clause in the will before making any definite promises to Burke about selling it to him. That had to be a reason for it. [spoiler] Later on we find out that the last owner of the house strictly had forbidden any of the family to sell the house to any outsiders. [/spoiler]

Carolyn's feeling that something terrible was going to happen...it's easy for Elizabeth to dismiss it [spoiler] but Carolyn was right on the money on this one. It won't happen for a bit yet, but she ends up becoming a slave for her vamp cousin. [/spoiler] And even though she says that she's happy for Joe that Maggie is alive and well...I can't help but feel there's some part of her that would have liked another chance for him. I think her schoolgirl crush on Burke is totally gone now, as she tells Burke she's glad he and Vicki are seeing each other. Or maybe she's just being polite. Nevertheless her feelings for Burke are pretty much in the past now.

Vicki gets Maggie to remember what happened to her bit by bit, but wouldn't you know it? Julia shows up just in time for her to impede Maggie's progress and erase her memory. Another close call for Barnabas, but one Julia is not likely to share with him. Despite what she told him Julia has no guarantee how long her hypnosis on Maggie will last....so far she's been on the brink of identifying Barnabas twice, and twice Julia stopped her in the nick of time. Now that Julia has been given permission to treat Maggie on a day-to-day basis, I suppose her plan is to come by every day and keep on erasing Maggie's memory...but what happens if Maggie should happen to make a breakthrough when Julia isn't there....Julia seems confident that won't happen, but I think it's a legitimate concern that Barnabas brought up and one that Julia shouldn't discount.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 03:22:33 PM »
Carolyn has a feeling that something terrible is going to happen. I wonder if this premonition was originally supposed to be connected to Seaview.

In talking to Burke at Seaview, Elizabeth gives him her tacit approval in his courtship of Vicki.

Meanwhile, it's a good thing that Julia seems always to have her medallion on her! I like the little, triumphant smile on her face as she sips her tea at the end of the episode. After all, she is still saving Maggie's life.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 03:30:37 PM »
We get our first color view of the interior of Seaview. And I almost forgot! At Seaview, Elizabeth once more is wearing her pastel houndstooth plaid suit, with the jacket over her shoulders.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 02:28:57 AM »
It seemed that Seaview was open to all the way Vickie described it earlier, yet in this episode Elizabeth needs keys to enter. Eliabeth always seems to be the naysayer on any proposal and has to warm up tp the idea.
Julia reveals her grandmother gave her the medallion which she pulls out to deepen Maggie's hypnosis.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 09:25:15 AM »
Julia reveals her grandmother gave her the medallion which she pulls out to deepen Maggie's hypnosis.
Julia says the medallion came from her grandmother.  I don't see any particular reason to believe her.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 03:36:54 PM »
Neither do I, unless her grandmother chucked it all and ran away to a hippie commune!  [ghost_grin]