Author Topic: Paul Stoddard in Art Wallace's Original Bible  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Paul Stoddard in Art Wallace's Original Bible
« on: May 02, 2003, 04:40:12 PM »
The last section of Art Wallace's DS bible (titled "Shadows on the Wall") had Paul Stoddard originally returning to Collinwood sometime after the Laura Collins storyline ended (she was to have originally been murdered with Vicky on trial as ner murderer).  Note: Roger was already killed off at this point.

Paul was to return to Collinwood to escape "the forces that pursue him."  There was no more explanation given.  Interesting that the writers did use this idea, though not what Art Wallace originally intended for him.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Paul Stoddard in Art Wallace's Original Bible
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 05:04:45 PM »
I always thought that Wallace's bible was absolutely fascinating.  It would've made for a great novelization if the HarperCollins series did not collapse under the weight of, well - don't get me started, maybe something along the line of a parallel-time story (even to find out exactly who - or what - was chasing the prodigal Paul Stoddard; it might've been something even more frightening than the Leviathans - like insurance salesmen).

Gerard

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2003, 05:05:09 PM »
Yes it is Joeytrom very interesting point!!
              Love Anne ;D
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2003, 09:00:09 PM »
I would have loved to have seen that one also.  Too bad it was never incorporated into the show.

Deb

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2003, 09:21:25 PM »
Note: Roger was already killed off at this point.

Yes Joeytrom, this is way interesting!  Know I've heard this before, but can't remember.  What was Wallace's original plan for killing off Roger?  It wasn't pesky David cutting his brake line, was it?   ???
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2003, 10:29:18 PM »
Art Wallace's bible had the stories chronologically as follows:

Note:  There is no Matthew Morgan, Mrs. Johnson, or Sheriff Patterson in this bible.  Joe Haskell's mother is Liz's part time house cleaner.

1. Rogers Car Accident- played out on the show as it did here.

2. Burkes Search for the Truth on Roger- After sometime on searching for clues to the manslaughter mystery, Vicky learns that Roger did run down the man 10 years earlier and had Sam help frame Burke for the crime. Roger, learning Vicky knows the truth tries to shove her off Widows Hill, but David rushes up and throws Roger over the cliff to his death, saving Vicky.

3. The Blackmailing of Elizabeth- Walt Cummings, Paul Stoddards friend arrives in town and blakmails Liz about her killing Paul and their burying him in the basement, eventually convincing her to marry him.  Bill Malloy tries to help Liz in fighting Walt. Liz confesses at her wedding and Walt reveals Paul is alive. The Constable orders Walt to leave town after Liz refuses to press charges.  Liz then goes into a tirade, throwing things and smashing objects all over the place for spending 18 years in the house for nothing.

4. Laura Robin Collins Murder- after arriving in town, she is found dead and Vicky is the prime suspect and put on trial for Laura's murder.  Frank Garner represents her and she is eventually exonerated.  There is sort of a love triangle with Vicky/Frank/Burke.

5. The Return of Paul Stoddard- to escape the forces that pursue him.

There are few other hints at what was to come- Liz was to have a romance with Bill Malloy, Carolyn and Joe were to have a romance, David was to eventually overcome his bad ways as people learn how he was treated by his parents over the years.

There is also a mention of a fire in the west wing of Collinwood in 1895, shortly afterward Samuel Collins left suddenly for Paris and was never heard from again.

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2003, 11:30:42 PM »
Art Wallace's "Shadows on the Wall" certainly makes for interesting fan fiction since his story lines sometimes went into opposite directions than what we saw on TV. A remake of DS should be along his theory this time.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline bluedog

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2003, 03:32:19 AM »
 :DCarol, that's a great idea.  When I read Shadows on the Wall I found myself wishing the writers had followed it closer.  Hmm, I missed the part about Liz & Bill Malloy.  Perhaps I'll re-read it soon.

Lynn

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2003, 08:11:44 AM »
4. Laura Robin Collins Murder- after arriving in town, she is found dead and Vicky is the prime suspect and put on trial for Laura's murder.  Frank Garner represents her and she is eventually exonerated.  There is sort of a love triangle with Vicky/Frank/Burke.

This would have been wonderful.  I always liked Garner and the idea of the love triangle would have been lots of fun.
Josette