Author Topic: It's allright Barnabas...it was an accident.  (Read 1912 times)

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
It's allright Barnabas...it was an accident.
« on: April 26, 2003, 04:03:32 AM »
Barnabas has not been seen, for at least (maybe more), two episodes.

He's probably afraid and ashamed of "accidently" hitting Quentin "Grant" Collins.

I for one, say that yes, it was an accident.  Maybe Barnabas was thinking of what to have Willie make for dinner, maybe it was just those damned Leviathans running around or maybe, just maybe, "someone" had "messed" with the Bentley "bleeder valve".

So, Barnabas..come on out and play....Please. :-*
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
Re:It's allright Barnabas...it was an accident.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2003, 05:36:23 AM »
Barnabas has not been seen, for at least (maybe more), two episodes.

He's probably afraid and ashamed of "accidently" hitting Quentin "Grant" Collins.

I for one, say that yes, it was an accident.  Maybe Barnabas was thinking of what to have Willie make for dinner, maybe it was just those damned Leviathans running around or maybe, just maybe, "someone" had "messed" with the Bentley "bleeder valve".

So, Barnabas..come on out and play....Please. :-*

No doubt Barnabas meant no harm to Quentin, but only to eleminate any compitition for Carolyn's hand, it just turned out to be the most handsome of the Collins men, next to Barnabas...

Sarah's [ghost]
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2003, 07:09:27 AM »
I think Barnabas knew exactly what he was doing when he tried to kill Grant/Quentin.  But I think he was as shocked as ever when he saw who it was that he had just tried to run over. Since he never met the person whom Carolyn was suppose to meet he had no idea that this mysterious stranger could wind up being Quentin.  The question is would he still have done what he did if he did knew it was Quentin?

Deb

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2003, 08:06:25 AM »
I think Barnabas knew exactly what he was doing when he tried to kill Grant/Quentin.  But I think he was as shocked as ever when he saw who it was that he had just tried to run over. Since he never met the person whom Carolyn was suppose to meet he had no idea that this mysterious stranger could wind up being Quentin.  The question is would he still have done what he did if he did knew it was Quentin?

I don't think Barnabas would have went ahead and did what he did had he known it was Quentin standing there on the sidewalk.  He had a chance to kill him in the hospital and couldn't pull it through because he remembered how Quentin had saved his life before. ;)

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2003, 02:02:42 PM »
It shows that while the Leviathan's are still controlling his actions, things are coming unraveled.

I just love this whole storyline with Paul Stoddard and Carolyn.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline MrsJ

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2003, 02:05:52 AM »
It shows that while the Leviathan's are still controlling his actions, things are coming unraveled.

I love this refreshingly nasty Barnabas  ;)

As for his driving...who knows...I mean, who actually taught him to drive...Willie?  Julia??  Now there's a storyline I'd love to have seen  ;D

MrsJ.

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2003, 09:34:15 PM »
I'd like to know who taught him to drive too?  I remember from the early episodes there was a few scenes where he was a passenger while Vicky did the driving.  (She wasn't a much better driver either as it tuned out)  so maybe she was the one who showed him how to drive, or should I say how not to drive!
Deb

Online Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2003, 10:56:55 PM »
Hi, Terry308 i think that deep down inside
Barnabas felt so bad about hitting
The Q-man YUUMMY!!!! :P  And also too
he is possed by the Leviathans as well.
         Love Anne
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

IluvBarnabas

Re: It's allright Barnabas...it was an accident.
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 03:17:36 PM »
Being so in deep of the Leviathans' power at this point,[spoiler]I think Barnabas did mean to do harm to the man who would throw a monkeywrench in his plans for Carolyn. However he had no idea it was Quentin. I don't know if it would have made any difference if Barnabas had known, the Leviathans really turned him into an iceman. I do think that having found out it was Quentin, it did start to put a small crack in the Leviathans' control over him.[/spoiler]