Author Topic: ** Upgrade - Part 2 **  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
** Upgrade - Part 2 **
« on: April 24, 2003, 04:08:56 AM »
The forum's system files have been upgraded from YaBB SE 1.5.1RC1 (RC = Release Candidate) to 1.5.1 Final (which was released on April 5th).

Well, no sooner did I install the upgrade to 1.5.1 Final than I noticed tonight that YaBB SE released a 1.5.2 upgrade yesterday. (Thankfully this one didn't require me to reinstall mods and took all of about a minute to install/upload.)

Most of the changes are internal and you most probably won't even be aware of them. However, a few of the things you will notice are that previously fatal errors have been replaced with pop-up alert windows to remind us of what we've forgotten to do. No longer will you lose the text of a post or IM because you've clicked Preview or Send Message but forgot to type in a subject or the username(s) of the person(s) you're sending an IM. And an alert will also come up now if you've forgotten to type in your current password before modifying your profile. ;)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:** Upgrade - Part 2 **
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2003, 04:16:00 AM »
No longer will you lose the text of a post or IM because you've clicked Preview or Send Message but forgot to type in a subject or the username(s) of the person(s) you're sending an IM.

Hooray!!  Somebody over there must have heard me shrieking with fury over THAT little glitch!  [scrm]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2003, 04:38:58 AM »
The forum's system files have been upgraded from YaBB SE 1.5.1RC1 (RC = Release Candidate) to 1.5.1 Final (which was released on April 5th).

Well, no sooner did I install the upgrade to 1.5.1 Final than I noticed tonight that YaBB SE released a 1.5.2 upgrade yesterday. (Thankfully this one didn't require me to reinstall mods and took all of about a minute to install/upload.)

Poor you!  That's unbelievable!!  At least it's (apparently) less work for you than usual!!!  :)

That improvement sounds nice, too!
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2003, 05:06:27 PM »
Poor you!  That's unbelievable!!

I didn't mean to give the impression that I was complaining, Josette - just surprised that an another upgrade was released so soon. Truthfully, I'm always happy when YaBB releases upgrades/updates because it means that the forum will be getting some improvements, even if sometimes they're only behind the scenes. ;)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2003, 07:59:56 PM »
well, MB, I guess it's a case of YaBB-a dab-a TWO!

you know I've been dying for a chance to say that...

Steve

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2003, 11:34:54 PM »
Thanks MB:
 No longer will you lose the text of a post or IM because you've clicked Preview or Send Message but forgot to type in a subject or the username(s) of the person(s) you're sending an IM.
Whoosh!!! This happens to me...so what will happen?

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2003, 12:10:03 AM »
Patti....I think a message pops up reminding you that you forgot to enter a subject or a name and directing you to go back.  I know....I've lost more stuff than you'd believe because of that problem!!!
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2003, 04:38:35 AM »
Poor you!  That's unbelievable!!

I didn't mean to give the impression that I was complaining, Josette - just surprised that an another upgrade was released so soon. Truthfully, I'm always happy when YaBB releases upgrades/updates because it means that the forum will be getting some improvements, even if sometimes they're only behind the scenes. ;)

I didn't really think you were complaining, but it seemed amazing with all the work you do, that just when you caught up to one thing, it changed again.   :)
Josette

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2003, 09:19:11 AM »
Thank you MB!  I can't tell you how annoying it was when you've just finished writing a long paragraph and hit "post" only to have everything gone because you forgot to put in a subject on top.  This is great!! [thumb]

Cassandra  :)
"Calamity Jane"