Author Topic: Voom...Voom  (Read 3560 times)

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Voom...Voom
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2003, 09:31:58 PM »
And even when he did have the power to use these extra gifts of his it seemed as if he still loved to walk everywhere!! 

And they say wisdom comes with age! ;)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2003, 04:51:00 AM »
author=Cassandra How could he not see Quentin on the sidewalk

I always assumed it was deliberate.  He has his plans for Carolyn - told her that some day she'd find someone (had his own ideas of what that would be).  So, when she told him about Grant, he was completely shocked.  He had just managed to convince her to avoid Chris to "free" her for "his plans" and now this happens.

He asked her when the man was coming to meet her and then the "accident" occurs.  I'm certain he intended to eliminate him and had no idea it was (or could be) Quentin.
Josette

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2003, 06:29:40 AM »
That was always my impression too, Josette. I mean, the man was on the sidewalk! lol.

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2003, 12:15:07 PM »
I couldn't possibly see dear Barnabas waiting in line at the Collinsport DMV to take his driver's test, get his vision tested, get his mug shot and pay the fee.
I think he had Willie get him a fake license and after a few quick lessons, he was an expert!  Or, maybe he's just driving with that outdated British livery license from 1795.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2003, 01:41:07 PM »
Or, maybe he's just driving with that outdated British livery license from 1795.

snicker.....[lghy] LOL
Livery license indeed!
Rainey....who spent most of yesterday being driven around in Mid-town Manhattan and is laughing out loud at the image of Barnabas Collins driving a cab.
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline LoveAtFirstBITE

• Full Poster
  • A repressed hysteric
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2003, 08:46:13 PM »
I couldn't possibly see dear Barnabas waiting in line at the Collinsport DMV to take his driver's test, get his vision tested, get his mug shot and pay the fee.
I think he had Willie get him a fake license and after a few quick lessons, he was an expert!  Or, maybe he's just driving with that outdated British livery license from 1795.

Barnabas doesn't have a license.  He couldn't get one because, first of all, the DMV is closed at night.  Second of all, he doesn't come out on film, and third, he has a tendency to drive on sidewalks.

LAFB

"The man walked out in front of me....I had no warning!"--Barnabas Collins

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2003, 06:56:47 AM »
LAFB wrote:
Barnabas doesn't have a license.  He couldn't get one because, first of all, the DMV is closed at night.  Second of all, he doesn't come out on film, and third, he has a tendency to drive on sidewalks.

LOL!!  I thought the same thing LAFB.  The DMV closes here at 4pm (wouldn't that be convienent if they were open all night!) so he probably just had Willie get him a fake one like Carol said, either that or he doesn't even have one at all!  But in reality you would think he would need one, especially after he just practically killed someone who just happen to be standing on the sidewalk.

Cassandra

"Calamity Jane"