Author Topic: ShadowGram Update #269 - Lisa Richards in play; LP & KLS at Atlanta book signing  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
SHADOWGRAM OFFICIAL ONLINE DARK SHADOWS NEWS
http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/ShadowGram/
ShadowGram@aol.com

Update Number 269.
August 12, 2012

---- LISA RICHARDS NOW STARRING IN WORLD PREMIERE PLAY
---- LARA PARKER & KATHRYN LEIGH SCOTT AT BOOK-SIGNING
---- A BRIEF PERSONAL UPDATE NOTE FROM MARCY ROBIN

**** LISA RICHARDS STARS IN NEW DRAMATIC PLAY
Lisa (Sabrina Stuart) tells SG: "I am in a terrific mystery play TO QUIET THE QUIET. I am very proud of my work in this. We got Pick of the Week in LA Weekly and Critics Pick in Backstage. All reviews have been more than favorable "

The world premiere of this "psychological drama" is running now at the Elephant Theatre in Los Angeles. The initial run has been extended through Aug. 25.

Performances are Fri.-Sat. 8:00 and Sun. 5:00.

The play is directed by Barbara Bain (best-known as actress in MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE and SPACE:1999, among other TV and stage roles). Lisa stars as "Kathy" and her husband, actor Stephen Mendillo, also is in the cast.

Publicity: It "is a psychological mystery, as a Woman reconstructs her life and takes control over it. Three Lives entangled,Three Lives at stake...."

Publicity quotes these reviews: "LA WEEKLY gives PICK OF THE WEEK. Barbara Bain elicits fine performances from her actors. Richards revels in the complexity of her role." BACKSTAGE gives CRITIC'S PICK. It's "an auspicious achievement...perfect interaction between actors...under Bain's sturdy and surefooted direction the results are mesmeric."

Tickets: $25 Friday & Saturday. $20 Sunday.
Runs through Aug. 25.

Elephant Stages - Elephant Theatre, 6322 Santa Monica Blvd. , Los Angeles, CA 90038. (323) 960-5773

**** LARA PARKER & KATHRYN LEIGH SCOTT AT SEPT. BOOK-SIGNING
Kathryn asks SG to announce she and Lara together will appear for a "Talk / Q&A / Signing" of their books 9-13 in Atlanta.

Lara (Angelique) presents her 2 DS novels. Both were re-issued in April, with international release in several languages. "DS: Angelique's Descent" is her story of Angelique's life from childhood to 1796, paired with a 1970 story featuring the new owner of the Old House and its impact on Barnabas. The sequel "DS: The Salem Branch" takes Angelique's reincarnation - and Barnabas - back in time to the 1692 Salem Witch Trials and Angelique's earlier incarnation as Miranda DuVal. A concurrent story continues exploring the current inhabitants of the Old House.

Kathryn (Maggie) has her original novel "Dark Passages," loosely based on her own DS experiences as an actress on a supernaturally-themed daytime soap opera - but with a different kind of vampiric twist.

"DS: Collinwood Revisited," co-authored with Jim Pierson, looks at DS' history from the original series to the 2012 DS movie.

The event is Thurs.,Sept. 13 at 7 pm at the Buckhead Barnes & Noble, 2900 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 310, Atlanta, GA 30305. 404-261-7747.

**** A PERSONAL NOTE FROM MARCY ROBIN
A quick update: My thanks to everyone who joined us for the DS Weekend in Tarrytown, NY, July 28-29! Fans of all ages from across the US and beyond joined our 6 DS guests at the historic Lyndhurst Estate, the actual filming location for 1970's "House of DS" and 1971's "Night of DS" movies.
If you were there with us, I hope you had fun. If you couldn't attend in person, you were there in spirit and hopefully can be for a future Fest occasion. As always, SG will premiere-announce and update all Fest plans as we confirm them.

I'll soon report about the weekend in a new SG Online Update. The new SG #122-#123 print issue also will look at the "DS Day at Collinwood" and "Luncheon With the DS Stars" with details and photos.

As I mentioned in a recent Update, real life has interfered with my all-volunteer SG/DS work for quite some time and continues to do so, unfortunately. I was delighted to be at Tarrytown, visit with so many people (wish we had more time together!), and enjoy extra time in the NYC area too. However, a week after I returned home, I needed another surgery. I'm steadily recovering, thankfully.

One of these health challenges is a condition I was born with that worsened in young adulthood and has flared up in a different way. The other is a weakness I never knew I had, but abruptly and seriously revealed itself in the past few years. In both situations, surgery is my best recourse and all my doctors are superb. After several procedures and extensive recoveries since early 2010, I'm more than ready to never need another operation of any kind!

Again, I regret any concern or inconvenience caused by periods when I did not post a SG Online Update. I'm also sorry there's been a long delay between SG print issues.

I am continually touched by the caring, encouraging thoughts, get-well wishes, and prayers from so many DS cast / crew / fan friends, SG subscribers, and YahooGroup members. Your kindness, patience, and understanding have helped me through so much. Thank you.

I continue working on a new Double SG #122-#123 whenever I can. It will include much DS news, a tribute to Jonathan Frid and acknowledgements of other DS personnel we've recently lost. There also will be the DS movie, Fest events, new merchandise, special DS references, DS in the Media, DS filming locations, and YOU, The Fans.

Thank you.
Marcy Robin

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Very interesting news about Lisa Richards. Sounds like she's in a really great play.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
i've only seen richards on DS...

where her performance as sabrina was often questionable although it might have been her direction.

has she been a highly regarded actress elsewhere?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline mm#7

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Hello Marcy, I am so sorry to hear of your recent illnesses. I am hope that you will feel  better soon, and that your health will continue to improve. Take care of yourself, your friend Richie

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
has she been a highly regarded actress elsewhere?

I don't know if I'd call her highly regarded but Lisa has worked pretty consistenly over the years, so I'm going to assume that she's regarded as professional and reliable.

I've seen her in other stuff over the years. She was quite good in an episode of Moonlighting. She was on One Life to Live as Susan Barry for almost 2 years. During that time, she was nurse to Nancy Barrett and got to shoot Tommy Lee Jones.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
local fans in hollywood are organizing a group to see the play on friday august 24th.