Author Topic: IMHO...  (Read 2376 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
IMHO...
« on: April 21, 2003, 10:06:33 PM »
Dear Robin....

Just wanna take this opportunity on the main forum to

[size=12]thank you[/size]

Robservations is so appreciated; it's great when we get behind in our watching, but just only have a few minutes, you ALWAYS give us everything.

Thank you sweetie for all your hard work.

[size=8]we love you![/size]
I'll sign it Patti...but I know lots o people are going to agree.

What a Woman!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:IMHO...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2003, 10:26:12 PM »
Me Too!! Me Too!!

I haven't watched more than a handful of  shows all the way through since John Karlen left (and won't till he comes back in May, either!) but I read Robservations every bloomin' day just to keep up SOME idea what the heck is going on!!

Thanks Robin!....from the Other Island Girl  :D
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2003, 03:30:48 PM »
count me in too! THANK YOU ROBIN!

jennifer(an island girl at heart)
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2003, 08:25:36 PM »
Ain't that the truth!!! When I get behind in viewing my tapes, I use Robservations to help me figure out where to stop my DS marathon as I try to catch up to Sci-Fi. They are so well done that I sometimes think I've already seen the episode and then realize that it is the fact that I read Robservations as opposed to already seeing that episode.

Well done, Robin, and (as always) thanks!

:-*

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2003, 10:02:45 PM »
They are so well done that I sometimes think I've already seen the episode and then realize that it is the fact that I read Robservations as opposed to already seeing that episode.

This happens to me all the time - I always read Robservations on the train commuting home.  Whenever I get behind in watching, I always get the oddest sense of deja vu, LOL!  [confused5]

THANK YOU, THANK YOU ROBIN!!!  YOU'RE THE BEST!!! [crowdhappy]

My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2003, 09:55:41 AM »
Wow, gang, thanks so much!

I love DARK SHADOWS.  It's been part of me for 36+ years!  Working on Robservations gives me so much pleasure, and reading that ir brings you pleasure as well means a great deal to me.

DARK SHADOWS fans are special people--intelligent, generous, good-humored, with a sense of romance and mischief that sets them apart from any other people I've known.  I've rarely met a DS fan I didn't like!

Thank you so much, Patti, for starting this thread.  It means more to me than you can possibly know.

Love, Robin 

Offline Dawn

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2003, 11:16:17 AM »
Like I really have to tell you this Rob (since I've told you many times before)... but I do REALLY appreciate the effort you make to get these out every day.  Reading Robservations the day ahead gives me something to watch for the next day from your little commentary threads.   ;)   They have also proven a valuable resource when I am writing a piece of fiction.  I can go back through Robservations and find the episode I need to locate for dialogue or some other little nuance for the work in progress.  Thanks Robin.  Love ya.   :-*  Sis
To live in hearts we leave behind, is not to die.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2003, 02:23:53 PM »
I'll add my hands to the applause. I always get a kick out of reading your Robservations, and like Dawn, I've found that they've been a great reference tool too!
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2003, 05:26:49 PM »
Robin,
     I don't want to repeat what dom said but I also think I have seen the show and forget that I actually just read Robservations instead.  A real sanity saver when you forget to set the VCR.  Thank-you, you are a real dear. :-*
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Connie

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2003, 10:36:50 PM »
It's amazing when you stop to think of all the things you take for granted each day, isn't it?  It's a long list!
Robservations is definitely on it.  I guess everyone uses it for a different reason.  LAFB reads it 'cause she wants to know what's gonna happen the next day.  I check it so I know how to set the tape the night before.  (Hey - I can't always tell from the episode guide in DS Memories.  I need ROBSERVATIONS to be certain!)  LOL

Thank you Robin.   :-*

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2003, 09:07:22 AM »
I too want to add my Thanks to Robin!  I look forward to reading her Robservations the night before the actual show because I like to know what's in store for the next day.   They also come in handy if you're going away on vacation.  Last year I visited my sister in Georgia for a few days and lucky for me I asked her ahead of time if she has cable, which sadly, she doesn't.  So I printed out the weeks worth of Robservations and that was fine for me.

So Robin, you are very much appreciated!!

Cassandra  :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2003, 08:50:45 PM »
Cassandra,  what part of Georgia is your sister from?  My brother lives there and I also have some relatives living there also.

Deb

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2003, 03:14:47 PM »
I too want to add my Thanks to Robin!  I look forward to reading her Robservations the night before the actual show because I like to know what's in store for the next day.   They also come in handy if you're going away on vacation.  Last year I visited my sister in Georgia for a few days and lucky for me I asked her ahead of time if she has cable, which sadly, she doesn't.  So I printed out the weeks worth of Robservations and that was fine for me.

So Robin, you are very much appreciated!!

Cassandra  :)

What a good idea....

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2003, 08:11:59 AM »
Cassandra,  what part of Georgia is your sister from?  My brother lives there and I also have some relatives living there also.

My sister and her husband live in Douglasville, Georgia right outside of Atlanta. :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2003, 12:42:02 PM »
[wavey] [wavey] Hello Robin thanks for all you
do for us !!  The stories always bring a smile
to my face!!   Love U Anne
        [beer] [beer] ;D :-*
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow