Author Topic: Instant Message  (Read 2820 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Instant Message
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2003, 08:52:29 PM »
Bobubas said it doesn't make a difference.

Oh, welll...

But at least that puts the blame back on our "friends" at Microsoft.

One thing that's really frustrating, though, is that we can't even blame it on a particular version of IE. I checked the forum's access_log, and the people getting the really wide IM/posting window are using 4.01, 5.0 and 6.0, so there isn't even the possibility that upgrading might solve the problem. :( But what's even more frustrating is that plenty of other people are using those versions of IE and they're not having any problems. :-

There must be something else that everyone with this problem has in common - but damned if I can find it...

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re:Instant Message
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2003, 08:14:54 AM »
There must be something else that everyone with this problem has in common - but damned if I can find it...

Me too MB.  I wish I could show you just how bizzare this looks.  When I hit on "IM" to send someone a message the first thing that comes up is the empty blue screen from the forum here.  Then I have to move the whole screen over to the far right of the page to get to the message box itself, which is so long horizontally that it looks out of place.  The smileys also look funny too because they're in two long columns and seem to look lost where they are.  And like Bette had mentioned in her post when you hit preview and then send, it appears normal again.

Cassandra

"Calamity Jane"