Author Topic: Just Wait Till Your Father Gets Home  (Read 936 times)

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Just Wait Till Your Father Gets Home
« on: April 15, 2003, 01:54:58 PM »
Well, Paul's a slick one, isn't he? First he cons Maggie into arranging a meeting with Carolyn (and frankly, if I were Carolyn, I would have been ticked as hell). And what was with all the smirking on Maggie's part??? Gee, I mean, it's common knowledge the guy abandoned his wife and baby. Even if he wants to make nice with his kid now, I would think that common sense would tell her that just maybe this is not the time to go "surprising" her good friend or for looking like it's a great joke.

The fact that Carolyn wants her father, I can buy. The fact that she's apparently blocked the few things Liz told her about Paul that suggests he was never going to be giving Hugh Beaumont a run for his money, I can also buy. Denial, after all, seems to be genetic.

But my God, does she have blinders on. He can put any spin on the circumstances of his leaving he wants, the fact still remains he was stealing from her and taking off.
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Just Wait Till Your Father Gets Home
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2003, 03:14:52 PM »
Back at the Dawn of DS Time.....when Jason McGuire was blackmailing Liz into marrying him, Carolyn did everything she could short of a kicking, shrieking tantrum on the floor, to stop her mother.  And the impression given was that Carolyn couldn't deal with the reality of her father's behaviour.....I don't think she EVER saw her father as the Bad Guy, no matter WHAT she came to know about him.

Which doesn't alter the fact that the DS writers would cheerfully negate things they wrote only yesterday, if it suited them today!
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2003, 03:25:33 AM »
i see that Carolyn might be in denial but think Maggie should have tried to talk to Carolyn first before setting up the meeting or at least tried to test her with questions to see how she would react! but that's me i hate most surprizes (except for
the picture of Chris that was a great surprize thanks MN)

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Connie

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2003, 08:44:32 AM »
And what was with all the smirking on Maggie's part??? ........I would think that common sense would tell her that just maybe this is not the time to go "surprising" her good friend or for looking like it's a great joke.

Yes!  That was sickening.  Poorly done, I thought.  Who directed that??  LOL   If they wanted her to have some sort of "knowing" look on her face it could have been done differently.

-CLC

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2003, 09:25:04 AM »
i see that Carolyn might be in denial but think Maggie should have tried to talk to Carolyn first before setting up the meeting or at least tried to test her with questions to see how she would react! but that's me i hate most surprizes

Exactly what I thought!  Maggie doesn't know how Carolyn would feel after not seeing her father for 20 years. An event like this should have been planned and well thought out  before hand.  The way they went about it was as if Maggie was setting Carolyn up on a "blind date!"

Im sure she meant well but Maggie should have defintetly talked it over with Carolyn first to see how she'd react to the whole thing.  I somehow can't image Vicky pulling a stunt like this. :-

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2003, 02:36:30 PM »
Yeah, that was pretty rude of Maggie to do
that!!! Now Paul wants Carolyn to do the
dirty work!!!     ( CAN ANYONE ARRANGE A
DATE WITH THE Q-MAN FOR ME )?????????????
YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Love Anne ;D ;D ;D :P
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow