Author Topic: Dark Shadows featured in Video Watchdog # 169- on stands soon!  (Read 2181 times)

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Shadows featured in Video Watchdog # 169- on stands soon!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 03:41:38 AM »
Okay, so in what section of the magazine aisle is BN stocking this?  I went today, but couldn't find it.  Where was it filed in everyone else's stores?

As an aside, I did pick up another magazine - Diabolique.  It is dedicated almost entirely to Dark Shadows.  There are lots of great pictures and the cover is pretty cool.  While it mentions the new film, most of the focus is on the original show and movies.  Haven't read it yet, but was excited to see it. 

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 03:48:55 AM »
Hey Cousin, that's very cool about Diabolique.  Can you post a review of the DS feature when you've read it?  I think the Harvard Coop, which is where I found VW, may also stock Diabolique.  They have a section of film mags.  Because VW is a smaller-sized digest format, it isn't shelved with the regular mags, but on a lower shelf where it won't get lost.  (When I say digest, I mean a size similar to an old-time TV Guide mag.)

Best,  G.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 07:38:20 AM »
Absolutely, G!  I hope to read it tonight since it's too hot to do anything else. 

Thank you for the description of VW!  Now I know what I am looking for!  I can't wait to read it.  Everything you have posted about it has tempted me so...  including the HoDS online excerpt.  Thanks for sharing that!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 09:15:02 AM »
Okay, here you go.  Uncle Roger actually already started a thread about it, so I just added my thoughts there.