Author Topic: Missing Episode?  (Read 1928 times)

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Missing Episode?
« on: April 11, 2003, 12:18:35 AM »
Just a very quick question -- I seemed to be missing one or two episodes between Tuesday and Wednesday.  I don't know if I was a day behind in my viewing without realizing it and taped over one day's eps, or what? The last I knew Pansy Faye had run over to Petofi's place to steal his necktie and he grabbed her wrists.

The next day I start playing that day's tapings, and Barnabas was poking throught the smoldering ruins of the artist studio ...

What happened?  Did I goof?!?

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Missing Episode?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2003, 03:34:22 AM »
You must've pulled the old I-taped-Spongebob-Squarepants-instead-of-Dark-Shadows whoopsie, Vlad.  You did miss some in there.  Petofi tried to use Miss Faye as a ransom to get Quentin to come over, but Quentin had already left in search of Amanda, so Barnabas went to her rescue, at which Petofi decided to use Barnabas' body to go to the future, but just as it was about to happen, ol' Garth came in, full of the beans and slapping that chain around, putting the Count on trial (Pansy and Barnabas served as witnesses and jury).  Garth had them leave and then decided to execute Petofi by setting the place on fire.

Gerard

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2003, 04:10:15 AM »
Gerard, too funny only because it is true.  Tuesday morning I had  to leave early to go to a work related training.  We had an ice storm the night before and low and behold their is a two hour delay.  My son was up and knew not to touch the TV in the family room and trotted right down to the rec room.  I left leaving everything set up.

Got home watched the first episode than low and behold that wonder of wonders Spongebob-Squarepants appears.  Let's just say I was a good Mom and didn't flip out on the daughter for messing with my tape.

Other names for Spongebob in my house is Spongebob-sh**pants or that stinky cheese guy.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2003, 07:53:53 AM »
Vlad, don't forget to check out the appropriate Robservations for all the details!!
Josette

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2003, 03:18:37 PM »
Gerard, too funny only because it is true.  Tuesday morning I had  to leave early to go to a work related training.  We had an ice storm the night before and low and behold their is a two hour delay.  My son was up and knew not to touch the TV in the family room and trotted right down to the rec room.  I left leaving everything set up.

Got home watched the first episode than low and behold that wonder of wonders Spongebob-Squarepants appears.  Let's just say I was a good Mom and didn't flip out on the daughter for messing with my tape.

Other names for Spongebob in my house is Spongebob-sh**pants or that stinky cheese guy.

Birdie

Even though you kept your cool, Birdie, I'll bet you still felt like Squidward!

Gerard

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2003, 07:15:23 PM »
I've just realized that my life is forever destined to be incomplete.

I have never heard of, or seen, the antics of the Creature known as Spongebob Squarepants.

However, my Dad's name is Bob, and although he is a good humored chap, I do not think he would appreciate this program as described.

Gothick

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
OT - Re:Missing Episode?
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2003, 07:39:09 PM »
Even though you kept your cool, Birdie, I'll bet you still felt like Squidward!

LOL!

I've just realized that my life is forever destined to be incomplete.

I have never heard of, or seen, the antics of the Creature known as Spongebob Squarepants.

However, my Dad's name is Bob, and although he is a good humored chap, I do not think he would appreciate this program as described.

Oh Gothick, you'd love Spongebob!  He's a lovable chap, and the humorous stories revolve around his innocence.  And if it makes you feel any better, his pet snail is named Gary. ;)

There are so many kids' shows that very nearly inspire me to commit violence (a certain purple dinosaur comes to mind), but this is one that adults can appreciate.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2003, 07:48:11 PM »
"Spongebob" has quite the following at my daughter's high school.  You can get his T-shirts at a store called Hot Topic....which carries an odd combination of retro kid show items (she HAD to have "Fraggles"!) and Goth gear.  ::)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2003, 11:14:59 PM »
"Spongebob" has quite the following at my daughter's high school.  You can get his T-shirts at a store called Hot Topic....which carries an odd combination of retro kid show items (she HAD to have "Fraggles"!) and Goth gear.  ::)
College daughter had to get a Spongebob pillow to go with her My Little Kitty stuff for dorm room. What a store that Hot Topic is! Went in once with daughter and female clerk had pink Mohawk, piercings EVERYWHERE  and dressed in requisite black. I tried to act normal but couldn't stop staring.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2003, 01:06:57 AM »
I'm already massing quite a collection of Spongebob Squarepants stuff (including men's boxer underwear), and hopefully down the road that stuff will really go for some bucks on e-bay.

What I love about the cartoon is that it harkens back to the classic Warner Bros. animations of the 40's and 50's (Bugs; Daffy; Elmer; Porky; etc.) with a great deal of subtle and not-so-subtle "adult" humor (although since kids, and I mean elementary age, are more "sophisticated" these days, they're probably picking up a great deal of it).  One scene that had me on the floor was when Sandy the Squirrel was going crazy trying to find Spongebob, thinking he had vanished by some dastardly method when all he was doing was trying to hide from her.  She's running from house to house, pulling them off their foundations and looking inside, and as she does so to one, there's an adult (a fish, of course) male inside, dressed up like a kid sitting on a tricycle, quite obviously indulging in some sort of secretive fetish.  Embarrassed at being caught, he stammers:  "Um....I can explain this."  I thought I was gonna die.

Gerard (Who remembers when one of the classic Warner Bros. '40's cartoons made reference to "The Bird", and it was THAT bird, and somehow got away with it.)

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2003, 05:30:46 AM »
you gotta love SpongeBob and Patrick! very funny show!
of course someone told my 5 year old that a baby walked into the ocean and drowned looking for Bob and they were going to cancel the show last Sat. of course he cried and was up early
sunday morning(i mean early) looking for the show!when it was on he came to me and said that baby was looking in the wrong
ocean!try explaining to him there was No baby!

jennifer(hate that purple dinosaur too Midnite but love Kipper)
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2003, 12:10:22 AM »
You must've pulled the old I-taped-Spongebob-Squarepants-instead-of-Dark-Shadows whoopsie, Vlad.  You did miss some in there.  Petofi tried to use Miss Faye as a ransom to get Quentin to come over, but Quentin had already left in search of Amanda, so Barnabas went to her rescue, at which Petofi decided to use Barnabas' body to go to the future, but just as it was about to happen, ol' Garth came in, full of the beans and slapping that chain around, putting the Count on trial (Pansy and Barnabas served as witnesses and jury).  Garth had them leave and then decided to execute Petofi by setting the place on fire.

All that in one episode!?!  At least that's what I figure I must have missed.

Thanks everyone for responding (though the rather "off-topic" "side discussion" went over my head ...).  I realize I could have just gone into Robservations and tried to straighten things out, but I thought I had also read recently in some thread that some episodes were being shown out of order and thought that might have been the problem.  However, it must have been my gaffe.  ::)

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995