Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0249  (Read 723 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0249
« on: July 06, 2012, 06:04:09 PM »
Robservations - #249

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0249

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 06:16:18 PM »
Poor NB now has a cast on her arm, from an accident, apparently. We'll be seeing it for a while, I'm afraid.

Apparently the study is still located somewhere under the stairs--at least it is if Jason came directly from the study to meet Carolyn in the foyer.

Jason opens the Locked Room and turns on an overhead light--but would the bulb still be good after 18 years? Or was it one of Matthew's tasks to make sure there was a working bulb in the fixture so Elizabeth wouldn't have to wallow in guilt in the dark?

When he comes back to Elizabeth, we have an awful, awful moment when she asks him, Do you want me to give the key to Carolyn now?

And then of course, she drops the bomb on Carolyn, Roger, and Vicki....

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 04:37:54 PM »
The VoiceOver. Behind the locked door is a Terrible secret.  It is revealed after eighteen years to be just old junk. Now someone might wonder about this much ado about nothing and conclude the secret had been removed or maybe is hidden in the room.  The kids are not happy about Moms new husband.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 05:58:20 AM »
Apparently the study is still located somewhere under the stairs--at least it is if Jason came directly from the study to meet Carolyn in the foyer.
Later, when Jason and Carolyn were finished talking, Jason seemed to head towards the area to which the study was later moved, and next thing we know, he's in the basement.  Makes my head spin.

Once again my memory misled me: I thought we got a much wider view of the basement room than was the case.  There was a sort of barrel on legs at the left, and I wanted a better look at it.  It could conceivably be the most ugly piece of furniture I've ever seen, but without a better view of it I can't say for sure.

How ordinary-looking the basement room turned out to be!  It's been an object of speculation for nearly a year now, and suddenly out of the blue we get a look at it, and it's just a room.  I look at it with the eyes of one who is desperately hungry for family history stories, and I don't see anything that would tempt me.  Nice job by the set decorators, making it obvious to Carolyn that there is nothing to support the theory that Jason is blackmailing her mother, and that therefore her mother must be marrying Jason because she chooses to do so.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 08:58:22 PM »
Yes, the famous--or infamous--Locked Room is about as mundane as a room can be. Poor Carolyn.