Author Topic: A Padded Room  (Read 2299 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
A Padded Room
« on: April 07, 2003, 06:50:55 PM »
 [rollb]

this is the way we drive to work

[rollb]

slide to work

[rollb]

have early dismissals

[bawl]   [sick]

this is the way we do it all

[sick]  [bawl]

here in winterwonderland

[scrm] [scrm] [scrm] [scrm] [scrm] [scrm] [scrm] [scrm] [scrm]

there's gotta be a way to greatly enlarge the scream, for those of us living in northeast....

We had our first big snow about 2 1/2 weeks BEFORE winter began...and now that winter's OVER, there's currently about 4'' outside, with no end for a least 2 more hours.

Patti...who really needs Dr. H's bag o tricks.

What a Woman!

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:A Padded Room
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2003, 07:54:59 PM »
We had our first big snow about 2 1/2 weeks BEFORE winter began...and now that winter's OVER, there's currently about 4'' outside, with no end for a least 2 more hours.

Patti...who really needs Dr. H's bag o tricks.

...and a snow shovel.  [a2a3] [91a2]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2003, 08:00:13 PM »
Well, we'll know it's bad when the phone rings and we hear Judith Collins Trask on the other end, archly informing us that now we have all the time we need to meditate!

We're still waiting the approach of The White Stuff (hmmm, Tom Stoppard's next novel?) here in the Ancient New England Bastion of Propriety (means keep a straight face in public and always have a flask of hooch stashed in the glove compartment).

Gothick

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2003, 08:22:26 PM »
Hey gang,

I have a question.  If today's snow was also piling up in front of Collinwood and the Old House, just who the heck would have the extreme "pleasure" of shoveling up all all of that stuff?

Somehow, I just can't see Edward, Quentin, Barnabas, young Jamison, or even Magda digging up all of that "beautiful" snow.  (Maybe, Tim Shaw, sans his shirt, will heft that snow and provide many of the distaff Dark Shadows fans with a little "beefcake"!)

And, how the heck is Garth Blackwood going to get around in all of those deep snow drifts, what with his obvious "girth," and those heavy chains that he always has to schlep around?  ("I come for the pris-o-naaar!  Justice must be served, and who the hell is going to shovel all of this 'expletive-deleted' snow!?!")

Bob the Bartender, who lives by the sagacious words of advice that Jason McGuire once gave to Willie Loomis, "Willie, my boy, never eat the yellow snow!" 

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2003, 09:20:02 PM »
[scrm] [scrm] [scrm] [scrm] [scrm] [scrm] [scrm] [scrm] [scrm]

there's gotta be a way to greatly enlarge the scream, for those of us living in northeast....

You'd need to combine the URL for the smiley, which I realize isn't readily available to you, with this explanation in the Help files:
Code: [Select]
[img width=80 height=40]http://site.com/image.gif[/img]so (using 40 px, but you could vary the size), this:
Code: [Select]
[img width=40 height=40]http://www.dsboards.com/yabbse/Smileys/scrm.gif[/img]
shows up as

Poor Patti.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2003, 09:55:57 PM »

I hear ya Patti!!!  They're predicting 12 inches here in New York and so far there's no end in sight!!  Where the heck did the Spring go??!!  Last week I said good riddance to the shovels, rock salt, sand, boots, heavy coat, gloves, scarf and all that jazz when we had that first hit of nice Spring weather!!!  Now here I am trying to "dig" the darn shovels out of the shed!! [60c4]                   [60c4]                     [60c4]

Hopefully though these "April snowstorms" here in the N.E. usually don't last on the ground too long and are usually all melted away by the next day or so.  (I hope!!!)

Bob_the_Bartendar wrote:
And, how the heck is Garth Blackwood going to get around in all of those deep snow drifts, what with his obvious "girth," and those heavy chains that he always has to schlep around?  ("I come for the pris-o-naaar!  Justice must be served, and who the hell is going to shovel all of this 'expletive-deleted' snow!?!")

LOL!!  Bob, maybe Aristede can volunteer to pull Blackwood around on his sleigh in the snow.  Can you just picture poor Aristede pulling a chain of sleds with Garth Blackwood on one and Count Petofi on the other??![zzwhip]                    [zzwhip]

Cassandra[/font]

"Calamity Jane"

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2003, 01:07:11 AM »
 :-  I'll join you in screaming---although no early  dismissal here. School's were closed. I HATE early dismissals. The roads are usually terrible. Of course, look at the bright side---------------you don't have to make up the day. We now must tack on another day in June. Will this EVER end??
                                                                   Misty
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2003, 01:52:19 AM »
Cassandra,

Aristede, pulling both Garth Blackwood and Count Petofi on sleds, would constitute cruel and unusual punishment, IMHO.

Bob the Bartender, who wonders if Magda will "appropriate" all of Aristede's sartorially splendid threads, now that Collinsport's number one dandy no longer needs them?  Maybe Magda can either sell the threads at the flea market in nearby Rockport or merely offer the clothes for sale at a yard sale in front of the Old House.

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2003, 01:53:32 AM »
Here in upstate NY it is just light flurries although the weather report said 1 to 3 inches. After this terrible winter, a few more inches won't matter but the freezing rain/sleet that we had this past week has been a disaster with frozen tree branches/power lines breaking everywhere.
Where is spring?
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2003, 02:30:24 AM »
Don't even get me started..  The winter that will never end.  We didn't go to Maine this weekend because of the ice storm.  My friends and I ended up in Chicapee, Ma.  after a day of shopping.   This was our girls weekend away. Mind you this is only an hour away from my house.  Eating at Friendlies, they don't even serve a cocktail. boo.  We made up for it in the hotel.  AT least it was good company.  Hey, it has been a very long time since we had to sneak people into a hotel room so we didn't pay the extra few bucks.  It was an adventure.

Birdie-Curses you white stuff
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2003, 03:52:11 AM »
oh well i was going to scream but then i read Bob's
comment about Tim shoveling (sansshirt)and i had such warm happy thoughts  hey LEt IT SNOW ![bigok]

jennifer
Steve i would need that sedation but since i'm on call tonight
i'll wait until am!
last week i was walking around in my yard with bare feet[sun]
Honest!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Connie

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2003, 07:24:40 AM »
Well, this weather is just too confusing.  Last week we had a couple of 70 degree days and now it's 31 out and there's about 4 inches of snow on the ground.
I don't know whether to sing April In Paris, or Deck The Halls....[hdscrt]

Little League practice tomorrow?  I cahn't see it.
[clap]

-CLC

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2003, 02:59:19 PM »
Well you can be out shoveling snow with Tim (sanshirt).  I'll be watching you from inside where it's nice and warm...with Barnabas. [luv]
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2003, 08:34:22 PM »
Connie,  How nice that dear Quentin's lost his headache.
My theory, of course, is that shirtless Tim has everything to do with same.

*smiles* Gothick

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2003, 10:43:13 PM »
Hey Bob, (the Bartender, that is)-----have you EVER seen it SNOW at Collinwood?????
                                 :-   Misty
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!