Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0244  (Read 860 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0244
« on: June 29, 2012, 12:30:34 AM »
Robservations - #244

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0244

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 01:44:30 AM »
I rather enjoyed it when Jason asked if Liz knew what real evil is and she told him to go look in the mirror.

Lotsa dialogue for DP in this episode. He pulled it off with finesse.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 03:35:27 PM »
Sad scene with Elizabeth and Carolyn. At first Carolyn is sympathetic, then she refuses to listen to any more when her mother says her father never held her (C.) or kissed her. Poor Carolyn is desperate enough that she even listens to Jason's lies. I wonder if blue feathers weigh more than pink ones.

DP, JB, and NB are the only three actors in this episode. DP does have the most dialogue, but everyone carries it off very well indeed.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 04:07:56 PM »
I wonder if blue feathers weigh more than pink ones.
Oh, they must!

There was a nice progression in this episode on Elizabeth's part: in the beginning she laughed at the idea of marrying Jason, and in the end she acquiesced in a way that made it seem as though Jason was her only friend.  I still find the scene between Elizabeth and Carolyn to be unconvincing, as I did five years ago, but I accept it as a necessary evil.  I vaguely remember deciding after some later episode that it made sense, but watching it now, I still think it feels contrived.

I finally thought of a way for Elizabeth to escape Jason's clutches: she must hide something in the basement room that would be extremely embarrassing for her, but not incriminating.  She could tell everyone, eventually, that this was why she wouldn't let anybody into the room.  Then if Paul's body were ever dug up, she could claim to be as surprised as the rest of the world.

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 02:14:41 AM »
It's very interesting watching Liz unravel in these episodes, as she struggles under the weight of the great secret she's been carrying. Carolyn has grown up, spent her entire life living in this toxic atmosphere of hidden, buried emotions, lies, and secrets, so it is no surprise to me that she reacts this way.  That is how many families react, for instance when a child becomes open about how they were sexually abused by a family member as a child.  They don't want to hear, they deny, they will listen to anything that will immediately restore the (very unhealthy) equilibrium in the family.  The person who wants to tell the truth is labelled the bad one. 

Anyway, it's really sad to me that Jason can't just leave while he's ahead, or find a less intrusive way to blackmail Liz; he could have her buy him a house, and keep going to his job with a reasonable salary and be a parasite but far enough away for her to put it mostly out of her mind.  All or nothing doesn't always turn out well. 
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 04:40:08 PM »
"I'd die before I'd marry you."  then, "let's hope you don't have to go that far."  I guess death is an option but I don't see her going that far.  She says she was in prison but Jason who has been in one, counters that she was not.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times