Author Topic: Is it appropriate to offer DVDs for sale here?  (Read 1033 times)

Offline The Collinsport Fly

• View Profile
Is it appropriate to offer DVDs for sale here?
« on: June 25, 2012, 02:58:53 AM »
Hello cousins! Firstly: I've not been very active on this forum, but I've been reading your episode discussions and commentaries and other discussions/musings with much delight for quite a while now! I discovered Dark Shadows sometime in 2009, and found this forum sometime after that, so I'm quite the newbie. I haven't even seen the whole series yet! Anywho....

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, but here goes.

I have been faithfully buying the DVD collections for some years now, and I currently have Beginnings 1-5 and the "regular" Collections 1-16 (but #15 has some faulty discs). I live in Norway, and have been buying them whenever they have been on sale at around $25, so with shipping I've paid ~$30 per box set.

And now the Complete Coffin Collection is coming out (I didn't catch the 1st pressing, so I'm aiming for the 2nd). A quick calculation later, and I discover that buying this complete collection will cost me about as much as buying the individual dvd boxes I don't already own.

So, I want to buy this Complete box set, and if I do I won't have any need for the boxes I already have, so my main question is: would it be appropriate to offer them up for sale here on dsboards.com? I want to sell them for a very fair price - $10 or less per box (a quick check on ebay suggests that a used DS DVD box goes for $13-15 or more). Also, I would like it if I could sell the DVD boxes to one or more fans who'd really appreciate them :) You all seem like such great people :D

So, summary: would it be OK to offer DS DVD box sets for sale here on dsboards.com? I completely understand if it isn't. If it isn't appropriate to sell these here, where would you recommend? Ebay?

Thanks in advance for any advice/opinions/answers/suggestions/hypnosis sessions/seances or anything else you'd like to contribute to this post :D

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Is it appropriate to offer DVDs for sale here?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 07:57:40 AM »
Hi, The Collinsport Fly,

It's not only appropriate, but there's a precedent for selling merchandise via this particular board.  And your PM mailbox can be used for privately exchanging info.  Good luck to you!

David

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 08:32:25 AM »
Has DS been seen in Norway?

Offline The Collinsport Fly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 10:26:58 PM »
Thanks for your replies!

No, Dark Shadows has, to my knowledge, never been shown in Norway. I discovered it through a website about old/unknown tv shows!

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 12:40:53 AM »
I am interested. I am missing some volumes.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.