Author Topic: Paging Luciaphil!  (Read 944 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Paging Luciaphil!
« on: April 04, 2003, 04:43:33 PM »
Luciaphil, darling,

I'm sure you're very busy these days, but I would *love* to hear your comments on the gorgeous ensemble Judith wore for this latest phase of a certain storyline.

Would have been great if the script had been switched to have Gregory refer to her at some point as the "Scarlet Woman of Babylon," but they clearly weren't that quick on the uptake.

I like to think of it as Judith's "Hong Kong bordello madam" outfit.  Some of the fabric looks like Chinese satin to my untutored eye.

Anxiously awaiting your eagle-eyed verdict,

Gothick

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re:Paging Luciaphil!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2003, 06:10:31 PM »
Would have been great if the script had been switched to have Gregory refer to her at some point as the "Scarlet Woman of Babylon," but they clearly weren't that quick on the uptake.

I like to think of it as Judith's "Hong Kong bordello madam" outfit.  Some of the fabric looks like Chinese satin to my untutored eye.

Gothick
     I love your description, Gothick.  It was a very interesting dress.  The oriental satin was not sewn onto the dress but swayed seductively as she walked.  I had a Chinese friend tell me red is the color of celebration so I think Judith made an excellent choice.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2003, 10:55:13 PM »
Luciaphil, darling,

I'm sure you're very busy these days, but I would *love* to hear your comments on the gorgeous ensemble Judith wore for this latest phase of a certain storyline.

That I can do (I don't anticipate any Idle Thoughts until I can finish up my chapter for Nicky).

It's so funny that you say that because I watching DS this morning and when I saw the red dress, I said to myself, "if there were any doubts Judith meant business, they're gone now.

That I don't know. It looked like it to me, but I could be really really wrong.

I loved the dress. For a woman her age (actually hell, what am I saying, for a woman any age) Bennett had a great figure. The fittedness of the dress served to accentuate that.  The ruffles and the comparatively deep v-neck added to the, dare I say, sex appeal of the outfit. The two shades of red were both stunning on her (although I think Bennett looks best in green or that wonderful smoky blue). Those long sleeves were a great addition as well.

And I absolutely love, all of the jewelry all of the female characters have been wearing for this storyline.

Dramatically speaking, it really did make a statement. Judith's clothes all along have been generally (excluding that fur thing) stunning, but I think this particular outfit served to accentuate the fact that a) Judith was back, b) Judith has a plan, c) Judith isn't going to be trampled on by Gruesome Gregory or anyone else anymore.

It's also a color that I think she's only worn once before as Judith and that was when Dirk was chomping down on her. Not sure if that means anything, but it seems like it should.

BTW, I realize I've left my Judith story languishing for some time now. Part of the reason for that has been due to not really been satisfied with an ending. However, I've finally figured out just how I'm going to do that (while watching Judith's return) sooooo, I'll keep you posted . . ..
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2003, 07:39:50 PM »
she does look great! A true winter!These are some of her best scenes IMHO and Judith her best role! would have loved them to add a footnote in the future to tell what became of her!(and a few others)

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV