Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0236  (Read 830 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0236
« on: June 19, 2012, 12:16:52 AM »
Robservations - #236

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0236

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 07:01:21 AM »
This time around when Maggie flew the coop, Barnabas had apparently sent Willie to Bangor for the night so he wouldn't gum up the works again.  I suppose he actually did send Willie to Bangor, though it's also possible that he just locked Willie up somewhere.

Josette’s music box has the first of two tunes that it uses during the series.  I never can remember more than one of them at at time, and at the moment the tune I can remember is the second one, but this much I do know: the second tune has an ending, but the first tune is forever unresolved.  That seems right for a brainwashing tune.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 07:00:58 PM »
I think Willie was too valuable to be locked up and that he really is in Bangor, possibly selling some of Naomi's jewels.

HOWEVER: After Burke and Joe leave the Old House, the louvered door to the left of the fireplace  opens, and Maggie emerges. She’s still in her nightgown, but during her walk to the Old House she must have found a hairdresser somewhere--or else Willie’s talents extend even further than we thought--because she’s now sporting a fine crop of banana curls. So maybe he isn't in Bangor after all?

WELCOME, JOSETTE'S ROOM!

When Barn plays the music box and starts his brainwashing program, his voice is almost incantatory Another fine JF moment!

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 11:58:56 PM »
Could a reason that Barnabas doesn't do anything regarding the Liz/Jason situation be that it keeps them pre-occupied and less likely to interfere with his plans?

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 03:31:12 PM »
Could this be the nurse's first day on the job? She fumbles with the stethoscope, she fumbles with the phone. Yeah, I want this woman taking care of me.

Barn's plan is pretty stupid, especially since he is apt to leave the front door unlocked.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 04:20:34 PM »
Barn's plan is pretty stupid, especially since he is apt to leave the front door unlocked.

This is just the first of many times when Barn is thinking with his, um, fangs.  [ghost_wink]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 05:54:53 PM »
The doctor says there was every indication Maggie is dead and then next scene we see Maggie wandering throught the wood looking better than she has for days. Sam is teleprompting and overacting two of the reasons I do not like him.  Barnabas tells her she will become Josette and to make sure we get that point Maggie's image fades into Josettes painting at the end. The Music box came from the Orient. It doesnt look particularly oriental, but maybe they were making knock offs even then.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times