Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0232  (Read 1421 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0232
« on: June 13, 2012, 03:57:05 AM »
Robservations - #232

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0232

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 07:22:04 AM »
Golly, what beautiful gravity John Karlen pulls together as he says, "Fortunately, you're not a man who keeps his promises."  This is this first time I've watched this storyline after having watched the pre-Barnabas episodes, and I'm thinking about how Willie has changed.  There's an interview on one of the DVDs in which Karlen is talking about how everything changed for Willie once Barnabas bit him, and Karlen says that it turned out that what Willie had was compassion.  And I see it now - but I looked for it before the biting, and saw a total lack of it.  So where did it come from?

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 02:21:35 PM »
I think it was one of those innate qualities that could emerge only after Willie experienced so much pain that as Maggie put it, he didn't anyone else to be hurt. And he has repaid with compound interest all the insults he hurled at Maggie and her father at the BW.

The writers made Vicki even more naive than usual today. She blabs to Jason all about the mysterious phone call that helped them find Maggie near the mausoleum and even about the bite marks on Maggie's neck. FINALLY Vicki realizes she's said more than too much. And now Jason more information for his agile, wicked mind to work on.

Fabulous scene with Willie and Jason. Even Jason is horrified by the marks of the beating Willie has been rewarded with for saving Maggie. Jason foolishly thinks he has the upper hand and remarks patronizingly on how Barnabas has KINDLY ALLOWED Willie to work for him. Poor Willie does his best to warn Jason, but all he can do is hint that it's almost time to light the candles.

In the final scene, according to a trivia page the shadow of Barnabas is played by Alfred Dillay, who is noticeably shorter than Jonathan Frid.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 05:45:25 PM »
[spoiler]Later on there will be another Willie/Jason moment that will result in violence[/spoiler]

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 06:30:50 PM »
Yes, indeed, Joeytrom.  [ghost_shocked]

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 06:45:53 PM »
Later: Jason tells Willie he knows W. and Maggie were at the cemetery. I went there a long time ago, Willie Willie mutters. His present existence must already feel like an eternity, even though it’s probably only been a couple of weeks.

I’m sure you’ve been back since then, Jason replies. I thought it was on account of the Collins jewels. Now I’m not so sure, but I intend to find out. I had nothing to do with the girl! Willie insists. It’s almost as if he now considers himself unworthy even to say her name. I for one suspect he's already starting to fall for her....

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 07:11:27 PM »
Golly, what beautiful gravity John Karlen pulls together as he says, "Fortunately, you're not a man who keeps his promises."  This is this first time I've watched this storyline after having watched the pre-Barnabas episodes, and I'm thinking about how Willie has changed.  There's an interview on one of the DVDs in which Karlen is talking about how everything changed for Willie once Barnabas bit him, and Karlen says that it turned out that what Willie had was compassion.  And I see it now - but I looked for it before the biting, and saw a total lack of it.  So where did it come from?

I'm going to have to watch this episode again, Lydia, because your review is truly insightful. The only note I made last night was that it was a shame to see Jason and Willie's friendship disolve.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 11:48:46 PM »
Maggie calls him Doc Woodward. She seems to not know what is happening to her at times and then others it is as if she has a plan such as when she tells Joe she is done with him. Jason is concerned for Vickie going out in the storm. It is quite a storm.  Maggie tells Vickie she loves the darkness. Vickie screams at the figure in the door and Maggie does not.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 12:16:12 PM »
The Darker eye make upp is back. Maybe it is only the lighting.

Joe is trying  to get answers. She doesn't want to give them. There is the howling and then Maggie all of a sudden tells Joe to GO away. Barnabas is calling Maggie, but it doesn't look dark outside yet? was that a mistake?

Barnabas really hurt Willie with his cane. He is going to have to give punishment without leaving bruises. It is funny that Jason is the only person who is putting the pieces together about the cemetery and the bite marks. 

Victoria or Dave Woodard is not putting them together and maybe they should. Maggie loves the darkness.

It end with the bedroom door flying open, and Barnabas standing there. With the lightening flashing. He's there and then he's gone.

[spoiler] That is not the scariest times when Vickie is at Maggie's [/spoiler]
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 08:21:06 PM »
It is funny that Jason is the only person who is putting the pieces together about the cemetery and the bite marks.
But I think Jason is the only one who knows that Willie was ever at Eagle Hill Cemetery.