Author Topic: Tuesday's birthday (No foolin'!)  (Read 3298 times)

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
Re:Tuesday's birthday (No foolin'!)
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2003, 03:06:47 AM »
Oh, Carol, my mother would never go on those trips or the lunch thing but was first in line to flash the senior discount at any store we went too.  We know every stores senior days.  My day was 51 when my younger sister was born.  He won for having the youngerst child at his high school reunion.  He will be gone l4 years on Saturday and I still miss him.  I have wonderful memories.  We have kept him alive for my younger two who never got to know him.

My mother is 75 and still won't go on the senior trips or go to senoir llunches.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2003, 01:36:24 PM »
My mother is 75 and still won't go on the senior trips or go to senoir llunches.  Birdie
We won't be going on them either. This young filly tries to keep the old man lively by going to trendy restaurants and taking day trips on our own. He stopped going to school functions with our daughter when too many people asked him if he was here to see his granddaughter perform.  I don't know why they would ask that because the parents were a mix from mid to late 30 year olds all the way up to folks in their 50's and beyond with kids in the same class. One of my daughter's HS friends has parents who are on their 3rd spouse and they are younger than us.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Julianka7

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2003, 03:06:08 PM »
Happy Birthday Carol!
[crowdhappy]
Julianka