Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0229  (Read 1037 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0229
« on: June 08, 2012, 12:26:18 AM »
Robservations - #229

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0229

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 12:37:07 AM »
Too tired to write much now, but I will note that Vicki is wearing a dress with cap sleeves and a rolled collar--meant to be the height of 1967 chic, but it looks like a sack on anyone, even with a belt. For some reason Vicki also has her hair piled up ala Elizabeth Collins Stoddard--it’s only the Blue Whale, for heaven’s sake! But I have to say that on her, it looks great.

Farewell to Richard Woods in his last appearance as Dr. Woodard. He prescribes a special diet for Maggie, but it must be only bread and water, because he tears a teeny tiny piece of paper from his notebook to write it down.

Sam hurries home to Maggie without waiting to get his drink order--surely a first for him!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 02:07:17 AM »
Hello and goodbye, Woodard One...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 04:10:11 PM »
You can read my post from five years ago and see exactly what I was thinking about today as I watched this episode.  Barnabas plot day - check.  Sickness versus blood loss - check.  Questions about what Maggie knows - check.  Car sounds - check.  Did I have any new thoughts today at all?  One, maybe.  I believe this is the first time we see the photograph of Maggie in her bedroom.  I looked for it the other day, and didn't see it.  I thought to myself, "Maybe it's actually of her mother.  Maybe Maggie bears a remarkable resemblance to her mother."  But when I saw it today, it was obvious that it could not be a picture of her mother.  So Maggie keeps a photograph of herself in her room, and if she keeps pictures of her parents in her room, they're not in plain view.  Oh, well, I think of pictures as sentimental reminders of loved ones no longer with us, but maybe the photograph tells her that her future is full of possibilities.  Just imagine being that young.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 03:20:07 AM »
Barnabas's victims l appear to not be much into foods, but you would think that they would be ravenous to build  the blood supply to feed their master. Sam meanwhile has brought Maggie something to eat. A cup of coffee. I guess when you are on a liquid diet you assume everyone is. Vickie notices  that Willie and Maggie have similar symptoms. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 02:55:44 PM »
Someone must have spoken up. There is now scenery outside Maggie's bedroom.

I see they're finally calling Bob by his correct name.

What is that on Burke's lip, a fly or a coldsore?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 10:04:54 AM »
Maggie sure looks good for being so sick. I guess that is soap opera rules.

The coffee probably comes from the fact that they might have had a sponsor from one of  the coffee companies.  I thought it was funny the cute little coffee pot.

Sam has enablers with his drinking. Back then i can't think that they thought he was just a social drinker.

It must have been fun for KLS to play Maggie as being very combative.  She's got a secret. and his initials are BC. Barnabas is no longer making house calls.

Joe should know not to call her crazy in so many words, Is he burning bridges?
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate