Author Topic: New Night Stalker Movie?  (Read 1001 times)

Offline LOOKE300

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
New Night Stalker Movie?
« on: June 07, 2012, 12:37:16 AM »
is there going to be a new night stalker movie i read about it a few months ago i think depp was involved. hope it will be a serious night stalker.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: New Night Stalker Movie?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 03:44:14 AM »
I hope it'll be a perfect combination of horror and humor like the best episodes of the series, and I hope they'll have Kolchak be a middle-aged beleaguered has-been reporter like he ought to be.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 05:43:29 AM »
I think that if Depp sincerely wants to it, it will get done. But, as we've seen, it could take awhile.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 12:48:27 PM »
I think that if Depp sincerely wants to it, it will get done. But, as we've seen, it could take awhile.

Yep, exactly.  Here is what I've read about the project so far:  as of now, the director will be Edgar Wright, who has directed Shaun of the Dead and Scott Pilgrim vs. The World:

Deadline.com: Disney Taps Edgar Wright To Helm Johnny Depp In ‘The Night Stalker’ Feature Redo

And just a few weeks ago, D.V. DeVincentis was signed to the project as the screenwriter.  He also wrote the High Fidelity screenplay.

Hollywood Reporter: Johnny Depp's 'Night Stalker' Movie Enlists 'High Fidelity' Writer (Exclusive)

So so far, nobody who was connected with DS, except for Johnny.  And yeah, it's a Disney film  [ghost_blink]   [ghost_huh]  From the talent involved so far, I don't think it will be serious.  But I love Shaun of the Dead, so I'm kind of excited by it- I just hope Disney will let it be dark enough (on the order of Pirates 1 would work for me).

It'll probably take awhile.  We don't know what Johnny is doing after Lone Ranger, but some think it may be The Thin Man, as it's already had a director and screenwriter for awhile, and there is some chatter about casting.  Or it may be Pirates 5  [ghost_rolleyes] 

Offline LOOKE300

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 12:52:29 AM »
what is depp now a comedin are all his films now going to be comedys.it did,nt work with ds now he,s going to make the same mistake with night stalker.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 01:36:32 AM »
I really wouldn't be interested in more Night Stalker without the humor.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor