Author Topic: MTV Movie Awards 2012: Johnny Depp and the Black Keys forming a band?  (Read 497 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
LOL, well, not really- they said in other interviews that they'd never even met Johnny before, and that MTV had suggested the pairing (though they said they were impressed with Johnny when they rehearsed the day before).  I was wondering if they had any past history/friendship.  Even if it was egged on by MTV, I can't tell you how thrilled I was that he played with them-- I had a feeling he might but wasn't sure.  All of the news media this morning are praising him for spending more of his time playing than doing some long-winded speech about himself.

I was glad to see at least a quick clip of DS among the montage they showed.  I wish it could've been more, but at least the DS one was one of the ones they chose that actually had sound (for those of you who didn't watch, they included the clip where Carolyn asks if he's stoned, and his reply).

If any did watch, and saw a blonde young lady clapping when they were presenting the award, that was Johnny's daughter Lily-Rose.  They are usually so protective of the kids and keep them away from the spotlight and paparazzi as much as possible, but Lily-Rose just turned 13, so possibly, they are loosening up a bit. I was a little shocked to see her on a major TV broadcast like that. His son Jack (10) was also there but not shown in close-up.