Author Topic: Grayson Hall On Night Gallery-Now!  (Read 2211 times)

Offline Minja

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
Grayson Hall On Night Gallery-Now!
« on: March 28, 2003, 12:43:35 AM »

For those of you who get the Mystery Channel, Grayson Hall is on in the Night Gallery ep. aptly titled "Certain Shadows On The Wall"! On right now! It will be rebroadcast on Mystery West tonight and tomorrow morning early...check your local listings for times.  Agnes Moorehead co-stars! Happy viewing!

Always, Minja  ;D [/color]
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re:Grayson Hall On Night Gallery-Now!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2003, 04:28:14 AM »
Another one it looks like I'm going to miss ... have never heard of the Mystery Channel ... know I don't get it.

:'( :'( :'(

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2003, 06:09:49 AM »
Another one it looks like I'm going to miss ... have never heard of the Mystery Channel ... know I don't get it.

:'( :'( :'(

the Mystery Channel is about all i watch these days!hope you get it soon Vlad
taped  night gallery tonight while i was at work! will watch it in am Thanks Minja! :)

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Connie

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2003, 06:22:40 AM »
Oh DAMN IT!!!  We don't get it either.

>:(

Offline Mark Rainey

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2003, 11:09:15 PM »
On Friday nights, Night Gallery comes on Plex on digital cable, but the episodes are different than those on the Mystery Channel, apparently. But it looks like they're going through the whole run (again), so I hope to catch the Grayson Hall episode. I don't believe I've seen it since its original run.

--Mark

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2003, 11:28:25 PM »
I don't get the Mystery Channel either (as a matter of fact, never heard of it), but Sci-Fi does run Night Gallery every few years.

I do remember that episode - creepy!  While Night Gallery wasn't up to the caliber of Twilight Zone (something that caused constant tension between Rod Serling and the show's producers, since although his input was important, he did not have creative control), but it did have some frightfully wonderful segments.  The first one (not the pilot, meaning the one with the Joan Crawford-starring, Steven Spielberg-directing story) with Carl Betz of Donna Reed/Judd for the Defense fame, was an especial chiller.  He played a scientist who learned how to use suggestive hypnosis to make a man appear afflicted with any disease, and then used a rapping signal to bring him out of the spell.  He took it to the ultimate, making his assistant dead, but able to resurrect him with the pre-agreed rapping.  Unfortunately, he forgot the proper signal until long after the dead man was buried.  Betz's wife-character (who was having an affair with the assistant), discovered the correct signal sequence and went to the grave (where the corpse was already in an advanced state of decomposition) and rapped correctly on the casket..............the result showing that the experiment was successful in the end.  I'm getting goose-bumps just remembering that climactic, final scene!

Gerard

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2003, 11:40:45 PM »
Oh darn it i don't get it either rats!!!
            Love Anne :-[
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline sheenasma

• Full Poster
  • Sheena
    • View Profile
    • NancyMck's Dark Shadows Events
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2003, 01:13:20 AM »
I remember seeing that when it first aired.  Creepiest Night Gallery ever, and the only thing I can remember seeing on TV that scared me was the ep where the earwhig crawled in the guys ear.  I wasn't fond of pinchbugs before that, even less so since.  I will never forget that episode.

N
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau

Screw Thoreau - sheenasma
GHP

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2003, 01:52:52 AM »
I remember seeing that when it first aired.  Creepiest Night Gallery ever, and the only thing I can remember seeing on TV that scared me was the ep where the earwhig crawled in the guys ear.  I wasn't fond of pinchbugs before that, even less so since.  I will never forget that episode.

N

I had a girlfriend who saw that episode about the earwigs.  She was about 13 at the time and became so frightened she had to wear cottonballs in ears when she went to bed at night.  It was one of the creepiest Night Galleries I ever saw.  One of those shows that stays in your memories for the rest of your life.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2003, 08:47:27 AM »
It's a good episode.. .Grayson plays the "normal" sister. . .if that can be said of any of those siblings. . . not the killer, not the killer's killer or the shadow on the wall. .the 'normal' sister. ..apparently the wig she wore in this episode inspired the Carlotta wig in NODS. . .Dan seemed to like her with longer hair. . .
Julia99

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2003, 08:57:54 PM »

N
That had to be not only one of the most frightening episodes on Night Gallery, but on all of television, period.  I even remember that a Sunday paper TV Guide supplement did an article on it.  The day after that episode aired, all the kids at Washington Junior HS were talking about it, a bit green in the face.  And one of the kids actually, well, puked during one of the many discussions.

Gerard

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2003, 02:34:33 AM »
The unfortunate thing about watching NIGHT GALLERY in syndication is that the episodes tend to be heavily edited, and in some cases, footage from one episode is inserted into another episode, changing that episode's tone completely.  I remember reading an article about this years ago, but I have no idea where it appeared.

NIGHT GALLERY was quite a good show, and I would love to see the episodes restored to their original broadcast versions and released on DVD.

By the way, does anyone else remember the episode called "The Doll" that featured a scary porcelain doll with fangs and Tammy Faye Bakker eyelashes?

Regards,

John

Offline Mark Rainey

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2003, 06:38:29 AM »
By the way, does anyone else remember the episode called "The Doll" that featured a scary porcelain doll with fangs and Tammy Faye Bakker eyelashes?
Yes, I saw this one quite recently. It was just this side of horrifying, that doll. Its voice was enough to give me the heebie jeebies. Probably one of the scariest episodes ever of Night Gallery.

--Mark

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2003, 07:09:52 PM »
The Doll on Night Gallery, to me, actually out-horrified Talking Tina from The Twilight Zone.  What made it ultra-creepy (beyond the times when its eyes opened wide and its mouth broke into that evil grin, sharp teeth bared) was that they did not show it deliver its venomous bite.  One only heard the victim scream off-camera.  That was another episode that was the talk of the school the next day at Washington JH.

Gerard

Offline HobbiesDS

• Junior Poster
  • It must be a full moon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2003, 03:13:42 AM »
 ???
I couldn't tell from the posts, was the earwig episode the one that featured Grayson Hall?  I do remember watching that one years ago!

Thanks,
HobbiesDS
HobbiesDS