Author Topic: An Episode That I LOVE  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
An Episode That I LOVE
« on: March 26, 2003, 01:11:47 AM »
Today's second episode on Sci-Fi (#863) is one of my absolute favorites in this storyline. Much of Sam Hall's dialogue is incredibly witty. The actors - particularly Louis Edmonds - milk it for all it's worth and give exceptional performances all around. The scene in which Edward questions Trask about his "visits" to see Judith at the sanitarium, knowing full well that Judith is back at Collinwood, is positively priceless, as are the looks on Joan Bennett and Jerry Lacy's faces when Judith and Trask come face to face in the foyer. This is the sort of stuff that helps to make DS the enduringly enjoyable show that it continues to be. [thumb]

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
Re:An Episode That I LOVE
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2003, 01:21:13 AM »
Could not agree more.  I also enjoyed the conversation the siblings had in the drawing room.  The expressions on all the actors faces were priceless.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2003, 02:57:33 AM »
     I have always loved it when  Joan and Lou were both in a scene together usually fighting with cutting wit but to see them both slicing up Trask was delicious.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2003, 05:38:43 AM »
I love this part - Edward's conversation with Trask is a riot and then Trask's face when he sees Judith.

And, I just love that Judith is back.  By that I'm not referring to her physical presence, but the REAL Judith is back.  She's acting just as she did when she learned that the inheritance was hers.

Josette

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2003, 10:39:14 AM »

And, I just love that Judith is back.  By that I'm not referring to her physical presence, but the REAL Judith is back.  She's acting just as she did when she learned that the inheritance was hers.

I like these scenes too!  And you're right Josette, it's good to see Judith back to her old self again! Now that she's got her mind back again,  everyone else around her, Quentin, Lady Kitty, and Charity have all lost their minds!

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2003, 02:49:35 PM »
This is Judith at her best! Watch out Trask!the [bow] woman is gone!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2003, 03:06:50 AM »
Absolutely agree with you, MB, that this episode is DS at its very best! Everyone involved was in top form, including writer Sam.  Louis, Joan and Jerry all gave superb, deliciously witty performances.

I just watched the entire run of shows from about a week after the staking of Barnabas up to the week of his return, and I have to say that although Old Blood wisdom is that this was one of the least palatable months of DS (due to the putative low ratings in Barnabas' absence), I found the exact opposite to be true.  Selby gives a fabulous performance as "evil" Quentofi, Nancy Barrett shines as Pansy, and the writers seem to be having a field day with the truly "mad" storyline!  Plus, for Angelique fans, Lara Parker gets a lot to do and does it all superbly, I must say.

KLS, too, has some of her finest moments on the show after her initial work in 1966.

So what's not to like?

Gothick--DS fan since 1968!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2003, 11:02:39 PM »
That scene is right up there along with the one in which Judith reveals to her brothers that she's cleaned up with the will, among the finest in DS's almost-five year run.

Gerard

Connie

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2003, 11:29:15 PM »
That scene is right up there along with the one in which Judith reveals to her brothers that she's cleaned up with the will, among the finest in DS's almost-five year run.

Absolutely.  Both Edmonds and Bennett were so great when playing someone who had the goods on someone else.
Can watch these scenes over and over and never tire of them.

[grinb]

IluvBarnabas

Re: An Episode That I LOVE
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 02:45:41 PM »
I agree the scenes between Louis and Jerry and Joan and Jerry were priceless!

So happy Judith is back! You can just sense she has something up her sleeve for "dear Gregory." ;) She never bought his lame excuses for not going to see her. She paid him back and gooooood. ;)