Author Topic: The Q-Man's Top Ten Change of Life "Adjustments"  (Read 3140 times)

Offline Tanis

• Full Poster
  • I Love Dark Shadows
    • View Profile
Re:The Q-Man's Top Ten Change of Life "Adjustments"
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2003, 03:48:45 AM »

Don't have anything better to do so here are some more.

Christmas list: cane,walker, wheelchair, gift certificate to a nursing home.  Needs the cane to fend off the old ladies who give him the eye.

Bib so he doesn't slobber on his shirt.

Container for his false teeth at night.  If it's cold he can put them out in the hall so when they chatter they don't keep him awake.

Suppositories for-----oh you know, preperation H to use after the suppositories.

Hearing aid, magnifying glass so he gets the batteries in the right place.

Shouldn't keep the hearing aid and the suppositories on the same shelf.  Could make an embarrasing mistake.

Fixodent for his false teeth. Baby food in case the teeth don't fit right.

Granny square lap robe for his legs.  Just couldn't get rid of that granny square thing.

An elderly Dr. Hoffman spooning his vitimans into his mouth with a shakey hand, another reason for the bib.

I had better quit.  :D

Tanis
There are no strangers, only friends we've yet to meet.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2003, 04:17:49 AM »
Could sombody please smack Dom's hands the next time he gets silly with the Smileys? [twch2]

And Bob....stop watching those late-night insurance commercials.....if you can't find a decent Fellini movie, shut the TV off and go to bed!!  [8371]

rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2003, 04:31:58 AM »
just one tiny addition if you don't mind Ben...

Collapses on floor in frustration.

Don't mind at all, Castlebee!  Your "tiny addition" is priceless!

I know there's another thread discussing Petofi's nose, but after seeing this Petofi-pic, I'm convinced that the rest of his head had to be fake, too ...  8)

Ben

Connie

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2003, 05:56:05 AM »
Shouldn't keep the hearing aid and the suppositories on the same shelf.  Could make an embarrasing mistake.

LOL.  You guys are too much.

Ya know, it seems to me that Quentin has been surprisingly silent about what it's like being in that body.  If I were him, I think I'd be inclined to do some things - like shave off the beard, change the hair (that coif has GOT to go), maybe get a few tattoos....you know?   Sort of a way of getting back at Petofi when he's hopefully able to get his own body back.

Castlebee -- LOVE the picture!!  [lghg]

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2003, 09:18:22 AM »
Castlebee!!!
 That was priceless!!!!  [thumb]

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2003, 03:42:57 PM »
Raineypark,

I was watching Federico's Fellini's "La Dolce Vita," featuring Marcello Mastroianni, Anouk Aimee and the unbelievably zaftic Anita Ekberg on AMC the other night, and, wouldn't you know it, those shameless shysters over there on AMC, interrupted this classic flick with the following lousy commercial:

The phone begins to ring in the drawing room of Collinwood.  The always  urbane and sophisticated Edward Collins picks up the receiver and says in that rich, mellifluous voice of his: "Hello, this is Edward Collins, Collinsport's most eligible bachelor and a living testament to the practice of eugenics, speaking."

The scene shifts to the Collins caretaker's cottage.  We see a corpulent and elderly man lying on the floor and stuggling mightily to speak in his enervated and raspy voice: "Hello, Eddie, this is Quentin, I mean...Count Petofi.  I've fallen and I can't get up!"

The scene now shifts to the drawing room of the Old House.  The learned Judge Cornelius Crathorne, (a/k/a/ House Jameson, by the way, do you think that there is possibly also a "Bungalow" and "Outhouse" Jameson in the Jameson family?), attired in his black judicial robes, stares into the camera and declares with great solemnity: "Ladies and gentleman of the jury, don't let this happen to one of your aged loved ones.  Get the First Alert Home Security Monitor and achieve some peace of mind now!"

And, now back to "La Dolce Vita" to be then followed by the witty and drolly amusing "McHale's Navy Joins the Air Force," starring Tim Conway, Joe Flynn, Carl Ballantine and that always uproariously bumptious and boorish oaf, Michael Moore."

Bob the Bartender, faithful reader of Premiere Magazine.

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2003, 03:54:15 PM »
By the way, if Amanda Harris suddenly returned to Collinsport, do you think (in a very rare case, for Ms. Harris, of selfless and caring love for her man), she would still be willing to accept Quentin (albeit, a very hoary one) as the one, true love of her life?  (Methinks not!)

Bob the Bartender, who hopes that everything is still copacetic with the J.Lo./Ben Affleck romance.

i agree with you on Amanda Bob !

spoilers
since when she is Olivia Corey she has a few pictures of just HER around! Wow she loves the inner soul doesn't she???
and if Ben traded bodies with Kirk Douglas  i think JLo would flee!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2003, 04:08:09 PM »
What a riot of a pic !!! Itmade me laugh!!!
The Q-man should get a hair cut and lose
some weight perhaps working out at a Gym??
I know i could sure start working out myself!
( ONLY IF THE Q-MAN WERE MY PERSONAL
TRAINER)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
         Lvoe Anne ;D ;D ;D
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2003, 04:21:33 PM »
Jennifer,

If the truth be told, if Ben Affleck traded bodies with Michael, Eric, or, for that matter, any other member of the Douglas family, the comely Ms. J.Lo. would probably catch the first train smoking out of town!

Bob the Bartender, who thinks, after watching the stunning Angelique and the dazzling Aristede in that cave today, wouldn't they have made the perfect couple to walk out on the stage and present the award for "Best Narcissist" at the Academy Awards the other night?

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2003, 06:02:07 PM »
....wouldn't they have made the perfect couple to walk out on the stage and present the award for "Best Narcissist" at the Academy Awards the other night?

Sweet Mother.....how on EARTH could thay possibly pick ONE narcissist out of THAT crowd??

And Santa Maria, Roberto.....what kind of a malatesta  cuts up a Fellini film with commercials?!  [crazd]

rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2003, 06:19:56 AM »
Jennifer,

If the truth be told, if Ben Affleck traded bodies with Michael, Eric, or, for that matter, any other member of the Douglas family, the comely Ms. J.Lo. would probably catch the first train smoking out of town!

Bob the Bartender, who thinks, after watching the stunning Angelique and the dazzling Aristede in that cave today, wouldn't they have made the perfect couple to walk out on the stage and present the award for "Best Narcissist" at the Academy Awards the other night?

ROTFL Bob you are priceless after a hard night at work it is great to read such funny posts DID I mention  that this day S*cked!thanks and i do agree with you about JLo ! i bet she
has a few pictures of herself around(aka Oliva Corey)! poor Ben
i'm begining to feel sorry for him!Thanks again!

jennifer
and oh Castle Bee that picture was priceless!thanks too!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2003, 06:21:58 AM »
....wouldn't they have made the perfect couple to walk out on the stage and present the award for "Best Narcissist" at the Academy Awards the other night?

Sweet Mother.....how on EARTH could thay possibly pick ONE narcissist out of THAT crowd??

rainey

heehee notice that this year more of the woman were covered up! ;)

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV